Computer Related > Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 4

Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite - BobbyG
I have Nokia PC suite installed and use it to sync my N95 with Outlook contacts, diary etc as well as backing up files.
Nokia have also added in Ovi suite which, to my untrained eye, seems to do the same thing?

So what is the difference between the two, does anyone else use these?
 Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite - Tooslow
I think, and I won't claim any more than that, that Ovi supersedes PC Suite. I haven't spent a lot of time fiddling with them so I'm not sure if Ovi does everything that PC Suite does.

JH
 Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite - VR6
I use PC Suite, and have done for a while. I've tried using the newer Ovi suite, but didnt get on with it. My advice - if PC suite does all you need, then get rid of Ovi

Essentialy does the same thing, but Ovi Suite also syncs with your online 'nokia account', so all your contacts etc are saved on the web for you to access / edit, and adds pther functionality for sharing photos etc...

However, Ovi Suite (when i used it) did not sync with Outlook 2007, so was of no use to me.
 Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite - rtj70
I spotted a link in the PC Suite this week about Ovi. Knowing it would be a replacement I thought it would probably be an improvement.... but syncing calendar and contacts currently works.

Having gone from XP to Windows 7 on the work laptop I then thought a jump to far? Especially when Windows 7 killed the laptop literally. Took 8 days and probably exposed a fan problem which I knew existed to be honest. But I hate Office 2007 and dislike Windows 7 a lot too.
 Nokia PC Suite & Ovi Suite - BobbyG
Thats the thing, I still get updates for Nokia PC Suite through, its not as if they have dropped it for Ovi. But they provide a click through on Nokia suite to download OVI!

Confused of Lanarkshire.....
Latest Forum Posts