Computer Related > Renewing broadband contract Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Renewing broadband contract - bathtub tom
Mine came up for renewal this month. If I renewed early, my broadband and 'phone contracts would be 'out of sync', so I had to wait until the day they expired.

My current broadband supplier refused to let me have the deal (advertised by the spoon whittler on TV) offered to new customers - free broadband and £50 cash-back if they took out 'phone line rental.

After some protracted negotiation, they let me have free broadband (but no cash-back) and reluctantly agreed to a twelve month contract (as opposed to eighteen months).

I'll have to look earlier next year.
 Renewing broadband contract - Stuartli
The ISPs don't want to lose customers. Just ask for the Retentions department and haggle and haggle until you get an ever better deal...:-)
 Renewing broadband contract - Zero
>> The ISPs don't want to lose customers. Just ask for the Retentions department and haggle
>> and haggle until you get an ever better deal...:-)

Virgin has a policy of letting its less profitable subscribers go.
 Renewing broadband contract - Stuartli
>>Virgin has a policy of letting its less profitable subscribers go. >>

It probably does. My street has been cabled for more than 20 years, but I've never taken up any offers, including those from Virgin which arrive on a regular basis, because prices have always proved way over the top.

I renewed my contract with TalkTalk about a year ago, mainly to switch to fibre and actually pay much less for a lot more because I haggled on three or four occasions until I finally got what I wanted.
>> never taken up any offers, including those from Virgin which arrive on a regular basis,

I receive an envelope from them on an almost weekly basis, addressed to 'the occupier' and my address. I've taken to marking them 'return to sender, not known at this address'. Don't know if they're getting the message.
 Renewing broadband contract - smokie
What a lot of effort!! :-) They just go in the recycling bin here. Just the same as when they arrive back with Virgin I expect which is why they aren't getting the message...
 Renewing broadband contract - Slidingpillar
I've not bothered using it, but there is an email address for Virgin to cancel their regular waste of paper. However, it is in incredibly small type and you may well need a magnifying glass!
 Renewing broadband contract - Zero
>> Mine came up for renewal this month. If I renewed early, my broadband and 'phone
>> contracts would be 'out of sync', so I had to wait until the day they
>> expired.

How on earth have you ended up with separate phone and broadband contracts?
>>How on earth have you ended up with separate phone and broadband contracts?

I haven't, but could have.

They said that if I renewed before my contract ended, the broadband would start from that date, but my 'phone would remain the same as I'd paid a years line rental in advance. They couldn't (or wouldn't) renew the broadband in advance.
Latest Forum Posts