Computer Related > Outlook express control Computing Issues
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 3

Outlook express control - Dave
I use Outlook Express on my PC, and also the standard mail facility on the android tablet. But the PC seems to have 'master control', ie I can only read emails on the tablet, not delete (well I can delete, but they reappear on the next download).

So is there a way to get full control on the tablet so I don't need to use the main PC at all?
 Outlook express control - No FM2R
What is your email account? Hotmail, Gmail etc?
 Outlook express control - Dave
Its a proper pop3 account witht the guys that host my websites.
 Outlook express control - tyrednemotional
...I don't use the standard mail app on Android, and there are quite a few variations on standard anyway depending on the manufacturer....however....

For pop3 connections, you are likely to find a setting in the "account" settings that is something like "delete from server when I delete", and this is often set to "no" by default. (it exists on my client, and as I want the PC to be "master" it is set to "no").

I think you need to look through your account settings (either in the main Android settings or - more likely - in the detail settings in the eMail app).

I'd be surprised if you didn't find the equivalent, but if it doesn't exist, you can always switch to a mail app that does have it.
Latest Forum Posts