Computer Related > Advantages of cordless mouse. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 15

Advantages of cordless mouse. - L'escargot
Well, what are the advantages of a cordless mouse compared with a corded mouse?
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Clk Sec
It doesn't get tangled around the telephone...
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - BiggerBadderDave
Your wife can't strangle you with it.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Falkirk Bairn
One less cord to get tangled with the others - then again I seem to have it connected to the USB port to charge - every few days or so.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Tooslow
I reckon, none L. Cordless keyboard is good though. Just pick it up and move it out of the way when you want to use the desk.

My cordless mouse supersed a really good trackball so that didn't go walkies across the desk top, IIRC it was wife wanted it. I think she went through a phase. It was she who wanted the trackball, I took to it, she didn't. hence mouse. No doubt she'd tell you a different story :-)

JH
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Zero
None. Never have an issue with keyboard or mouse cords. Had plenty of issues with cordless kit.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - VxFan
When I had a corded mouse at home, I soon got fed up with it falling off the back of the ledge whenever I pulled the keyboard tray out from under the furniture my desktop PC sits on as the cable kept snagging on something behind.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Stuartli
I don't mind either, although I prefer a cordless mouse and keyboard.

But it's always wise to keep a proper PS2 corded keyboard and mouse handy (not USB) just in case you have system problems.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Tooslow
I've chucked my ancient PS2 keyboard simply because I no longer have a pc with PS2 ports. Nonetheless, corded devices are a very sensible precaution.

Who said wardrobes are for keeping clothes in? :-)

JH
>> I don't mind either, although I prefer a cordless mouse and keyboard.
>>
>> But it's always wise to keep a proper PS2 corded keyboard and mouse handy (not
>> USB) just in case you have system problems.

few pcs come with PS2 ports these days.
>>Had plenty of issues with cordless kit. >>

Perhaps you didn't undertake the channels assignment routine correctly after changing batteries?
of course I did.
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - Roger.
As a laptop user who HATES touchpads, I use a Logitech M505 - about £25, cordless mouse. The USB receiver only projects about O.5 cm. from the USB port, so it never has to be removed, even when travelling. I also use re-chargeable batteries in the mouse.
Works fine for me. SWMBO's laptop also uses one of the same type - luckily on a different frequency so even though they are usually about half a metre apart, there is no interference.
Last edited by: landsker on Sat 31 Jul 10 at 10:05
Touchpads are ok, bit only if you disable the tap to click feature.

I am a Thinkpad nipple fan, but no longer have a thinkpad. I have got used to the touchpad on the Asus G2
 Advantages of cordless mouse. - smokie
Oddly, I really dislike touch pads but the tap to click is the only bit that makes it usable, IMO. I never liked the nipples. I guess that's because I was never an IBM man.
>>of course I did>>

I did say "Perhaps..."..:-)

You'll be surprised how many don't know about it.
Latest Forum Posts