Computer Related > cursor size Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 33

cursor size - MD
Morning Rats et al.

My cursor seems to have shrunk (Oh! Matron) and it is getting on my nerves. How do I get it back to it's former glory Pleeeese!

Martin.
 cursor size - L'escargot
Just guessing ..............

Start>Control Panel>Printers and Other Hardware>Mouse>Pointers>Scheme. Choose Window Default (system scheme) ~ or whatever.
 cursor size - MD
Tried all that (I think) l'es thanks.

M
 cursor size - L'escargot
I think I misread cursor size and looked for pointer size instead.

Google for cursor size.
 cursor size - Stuartli
You can change the mouse pointer size etc from Mouse>Properties.

If you have Windows7, type Mouse Properties into the Search box to open its Properties panel.
 cursor size - MD
CURSOR SIZE
 cursor size - Tooslow
www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/changingcursorsize.mspx?mfr=true

Would that be it?

JH
 cursor size - MD
XP home. Can't sort it now. I am in a pooter hating mood having worked my bits off all day and I am knackered. If you don't produce a solution I will take it to the dump tomorrow. It is chuffing me orf right now.

M
 cursor size - Tooslow
Hit the disk with a big hammer first. You'll feel better for it.

JH
 cursor size - Zero
what application are you having the problem on?
 cursor size - Bellboy
his room table
maybe its got a wobbly leg
 cursor size - CGNorwich
Assuming you mean cursor width and you are using Windows XP, go to Control panel, Accessibility options, Display, and under cursor you will see a slider which controls cursor width
 cursor size - MD
Cursor height.
 cursor size - R.P.
If you're in a Word Processing programme check your font size - reset it to 12 or thereabouts, might solve it.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Sun 1 Aug 10 at 09:31
 cursor size - MD
Tried and failed yesterday. TBH it only happened in one document at first, but now it is in all existing and new too. Microsoft word docs to be precise.

M
 cursor size - R.P.
Have you tried the "Ease of Access" settings in Control Panel - something might have been triggered in there...?
 cursor size - MD
Can't find them PU.
 cursor size - R.P.
Just thought, I'm on a Vista machine at the moment - If you look in control panel for Accessibility Options then in "Display" there should be cursor options in there...

Last edited by: Pugugly on Sun 1 Aug 10 at 09:54
 cursor size - MD
But one can only change the cursor width there.
 cursor size - swiss tony
>> Tried and failed yesterday. TBH it only happened in one document at first, but now
>> it is in all existing and new too. Microsoft word docs to be precise.

Me thinks you have inadvertently changed a stetting within Word itself, then saved that as the new default.
I would have a look at the settings within Word, I cant help tell you where myself, as I use Open Office.
 cursor size - MD
Thank Tony, but I haven't changed anything as I never dare plumb those depths. One thing I will add is that when I am writing an estimate from my own word template, at the foot of every page I insert the words 'continued over' and I have that stored in autotext in point 8. everything else I write is in 12. I wonder if it has picked up this problem from there. I am beginning to think it is the most likely candidate, but have no idea where to go to correct the problem. Maybe a restart will cure all as this machine rarely goes off.

Best regards,

Martin
 cursor size - swiss tony
Martin, I think you could be on the right track there.
if you type does it come out in point 8, or point 12?

If point 8 (as I suspect) thats where your problem is, and I think if you change back to point 12 using the font size icon, then save the document, or maybe the template, then all will be well again.
what version of word are you using BTW?
Last edited by: Webmaster on Wed 4 Aug 10 at 01:10
 cursor size - Zero
Martin, do you have it in overtype or insert mode?
 cursor size - MD
I guess insert, but I'm no expert. I type the first three characters then F3 it!

BTW when, as a test I type in point 18 the cursor looks size 12.
 cursor size - MD
Re-boot didn't cure it.
 cursor size - L'escargot
On my computer the cursor height corresponds to the size of font I've selected.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 2 Aug 10 at 09:36
 cursor size - Dog
Why not just buy a new toaster :0
 cursor size - MD
I'd come down there and toast you, but of course Cornwall is out of bounds to Gentlemen! 0:)
 cursor size - Dog
>>but of course Cornwall is out of bounds to Gentlemen!<<

Cornwall welcomes one and all, especially Gentlemen with money 2 spend,
as long as they don't overstay their welcome.

:}
 cursor size - MD
Beat me you Swine. Can't answer that...............(effectively). :0)
 cursor size - Victorbox
If it's only been a few days and nothing else suggested here cures it, try a System Restore to a date just before the shrinkage. Start > All Programs> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
 cursor size - MD
What then happens to my stuff during the interim VB?
 cursor size - Stuartli
You won't lose any work, e-mails etc.

In any case, if a System Restore doesn't work, you can revert back to the same point.

System Restore indicates in bold the dates on which a Restore Point has been created and what changes, such as software installation or uninstallation, were made.
 cursor size - L'escargot
Have a look at this ............. tinyurl.com/3ysexj9 ........... at our own risk, of course!
Latest Forum Posts