Computer Related > Virgin Media WiFi Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 3

Virgin Media WiFi - smokie
Has anyone had any success with the new Virgin media WiFi, which is supposed to give you WiFi connectivity in certain areas out and about?

I know it's not yet national but there are quite a lot of hot spots round here. I don't think it was live a month ago as I was looking for it, but today I found a new Android app so I've installed it and configured it, but I can't connect to any of the hotspots.

You need to be a Virgin customer, details here store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/virginmediawifi/what-is-virgin-media-wifi.html
I did manage to connect to it today in the town centre but it took quite a few retries to get on. Seemed OK once on though, fast enough and stable.

So anyone who has Virgin broadband can get it.

Not that helpful really if you have a decent data allowance or your area isn't covered, but some may be able to reduce their data allowance (and cost) if this is a good replacement.
 Virgin Media WiFi - Stuartli
There are many more of The Cloud (Sky) and O2 free wi-fi hot spots available and you don't need to be a customer of either to get it free (in the vast majority of cases depending on the venue).

www.thecloud.net/ (you can sign up on-line or in one of the hot spots)

www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/free-wifi
Yeah I've been using the Cloud for a while but never been able to get onto the O2 ones. I can't remember what they are called but they are blooming irritating as although I "forget" them they keep coming back. I did used to use an O2 one near Canary Wharf and I'll try again when I next see one.

The Virgin WiFi on the London Underground is blazingly fast. Or at least it was when it was new and I was probably the only person on it :-)
Latest Forum Posts