Computer Related > Windows 10 Log In Computing Issues
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 6

Windows 10 Log In - Robbie34
Over the week-end I had a problem opening Windows on my PC. Normally, my PC boots up in a few seconds - SSD for OS - but on this occasion it asked for my password. I have never set up a password for any of my PCs. I tried my Google password and then my Microsoft but to no avail. I was unable to go beyond the opening screen.

Some time later I tried again with same result so assumed there was a problem with the OS. I used my recovery disc and it reverted to Windows7. I have now reinstalled Windows10 and I had to set up a password. Consequently, I have to do this whenever I start my PC.

Was the original problem caused by an update to Windows10? Is it possible to start Windows again without a password?
Last edited by: Robbie34 on Wed 4 Jan 17 at 11:11
 Windows 10 Log In - Stuartli
See:

tinyurl.com/hsklzhz

www.tekrevue.com/tip/skip-windows-10-login-screen/
 Windows 10 Log In - Falkirk Bairn
Had a similar experience with a new laptop & win10 in October.

HP downloaded new patches for firmware & drivers, MS Win 10 decided it needed new updates - this all took about 2 hours to download (no fibre in the exchange!).

Rebooted PC & the log-in pin did not work. It insisted on PW & offered the MS Password as an option. System booted but then you have to go into delete the "old pin" & put in a "new one" - I used same pin & it did not object.

The pin number is stored, encrypted on the laptop, the MS Password is held on MS site.

No problem since but a bit unnerving on Day 1 when you are trying to get to grips with a new piece of hardware, a new operating system, new firmware & getting rid of the bloatware.
Thanks for that Stuart.

The process isn't quite correct but I have managed to get round it.

When you click on start there is nowhere to enter "netplwiz." I clicked on Windows System and there was an icon "run." Opened this and entered netplwiz, then followed the instruction.

I'll restart and see if it works.

Thanks. It worked.
 Windows 10 Log In - Stuartli
Excellent. Well done.
 Windows 10 Log In - smokie
Right clicking Start gives you other options, including Run...
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 4 Jan 17 at 12:44
Latest Forum Posts