Computer Related > Operatic recording Computing Issues
Thread Author: neiltoo Replies: 5

Operatic recording - neiltoo
A couple of years ago, I recorded an opera from the TV, on my Panasonic recorder. I subsequently transferred this to a DVD.
Is there an easy way to re-record the sound on to a CD so I can use it on the car player?
We have no sophisticated smart kit at Too Towers.
 Operatic recording - smokie
Do you have a PC with a DVD player, which also would record a CD? That'd be a good start....

If so I used tools last year to remove the soundtrack from a movie my daughter had made using MovieMaker, I will find the detail of how I did it if you can confirm the availability of the device. (I think I documented it somewhere here!)

Once you've done that it should be a fairly simple matter to burn it to the CD. Freeware is available.

EDIT here's the post tinyurl.com/zc7vrow

Looks like I used XMedia Recode to strip the audio track tinyurl.com/mpuqum7 and then maybe Audacity to convert it.

Does your car read mp3 CDs or do they have to be in proper CD format?
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 23 Feb 17 at 23:39
 Operatic recording - rtj70
>> Does your car read mp3 CDs or do they have to be in proper CD format?

This is an important question. Because if it has to be a proper CD (music format) it limits the length of tracks - about 80 minutes.

If this was on my Mac I'd use something like Audio Hijack to record the playing DVD audio to an MP3 file. Sounds like smokie has a suggestion.

If you lived near me I'd sort it for you.
 Operatic recording - rtj70
>> A couple of years ago, I recorded an opera from the TV

If it was available on YouTube then it might be even easier. Especially if one of us could be of assistance.

I know there's likely to be legalities but neiltoo has a recording already.
 Operatic recording - neiltoo
Thanks.
Looks like Xmedia might be the thing, so I'll try it.
Car player is in my ten year old SAAB, so it may not do MP3, but it costs nothing to try.
Thanks again,

8o)
 Operatic recording - VxFan
The stereo in my old 2006 Vectra-C was capable of playing MP3's, so it's entirely possible that your SASB might.
Latest Forum Posts