Computer Related > Tomtom/MyDriveConnect/MacSierra/Grrrr! Computing Issues
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 4

Tomtom/MyDriveConnect/MacSierra/Grrrr! - Haywain
For a couple of years, I've been connecting my Tomtom Start 25 to the Mac in order to receive updates via 'My Drive Connect' - which I believe is an app. I held off updating the OS to Sierra for a few months until the usual teething problems had been sorted ..... but then found that the computer refused to connect to the satnav when I plugged it in.

After some Googling, I found that I was by no means the only person to find this problem. The scant 'advice' given on the Tomtom 'help' (ha, ha) pages were useless and I still haven't been able to download the updates. The problem appears to be that Tomtom haven't revised their app for use with Sierra.

Anyone else on here experienced this issue? Anyone solved it?
 Tomtom/MyDriveConnect/MacSierra/Grrrr! - rtj70
There won't be many on here with a Mac and a TomTom device.

But these claim a reboot of the Mac after installing the My Drive Connect app worked:

en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-connect-update-for-mac-sierra-1011590

Is it just maps you're trying to update?
Thanks for the prod rtj.

I had read many postings on the matter and tried various feasible-sounding suggestions - all to no avail. I just tried switching the Mac off completely, then re-starting after 5 minutes. I opened up 'My Drive Connect' before opening anything else, and plugged in the Start 25. The Mac recognised the satnav and downloaded the updates successfully; so now, I won't have to resort to the contingency plan of using my DiL's Macbook/MDC which still has El Capitan as its OS.

The Start 25 came with 'Free map updates for life' and, by chance, I had downloaded the latest map update before Sierra was installed. The 3 updates that were waiting were for map-share, a GPS fix and speed cameras.
This morning I saw that a further 2 small updates were available and, on connecting the satnav to the Mac, they downloaded and installed without incident.

I am just wondering if a new version of 'My Drive Connect' had been downloaded, unannounced and unbeknown to me, that needed a restart in order to get it operating correctly. If that were the case, then it might be wise to shut down the computer more frequently rather than just put it to sleep.
 Tomtom/MyDriveConnect/MacSierra/Grrrr! - devonite
Day before yesterday Garmin Express informed me that an update was available, when I viewed details it was for some road changes near Milan - so I never bothered updating. Next time there is an update (one I want) will this update be installed at the same time? I can't see anything that allows me to choose which updates I want.
On a side note, when I go to Preston hospital I always pop-in to see the ex-M.I.L, for the last three years I've always turned right leaving the hospital and her house is about 3 miles away. Yesterday was the first time I've been since I got the Sat Nav and it wanted me to turn left! - so after following it I arrived at her door half a mile later! ;-) I was quite impressed!
Latest Forum Posts