Computer Related > Which mobile broadband sticks work with Ubuntu? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 2

Which mobile broadband sticks work with Ubuntu? - RattleandSmoke
Anybody ever tried this? I need a laptop for my Cornwall/Devon trip and I have a very old Compaq (ten years old) but I lend it to customers as a loan machine. It is currently running a stripped down version of Ubuntu and can cope with Firefox fairly well despite its 256MB of RAM.

Has anybody had any sucess mobile broadband working on Ubuntu? I have done this for customers running those little Asus machines but never with Ubuntu.

The downside is my little laptop has no battery so it will only be useful in the hotel rooms. I have a Nokia N85 and an LG with a Qwerty keyboard too so I won't be without the net when traveling.

It is essential that I am piped with the internet 24/7 or I go mad. Yes I have been known to read this site while dancing on the dance floor at 2:00m!
 Which mobile broadband sticks work with Ubuntu? - Focusless
'Most Mobile Broadband devices should be recognised automatically when you connect them to your computer'
help.ubuntu.com/9.04/internet/C/connecting-mobile.html

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=609534
 Which mobile broadband sticks work with Ubuntu? - RattleandSmoke
Thanks should be fine then :). I think I am using 9.10 can't remember as a customer has got it at the moment.

I can always test it anyway before I go away.

I've actually just found one I have never got working so I can test that, I need to get a sim card for it.
Latest Forum Posts