Computer Related > Instagram Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 4

Instagram - Duncan
I heard a piece on BBC Radio 4 yesterday (Monday) afternoon about Instagram.

It started off sounding quite interesting, people posting comments about various matters, political and otherwise. Although later it seemed to be about people posting paid for restaurant reviews.

Should I go for it?

Should I sign up to Instagram?

Should I allow myself to be carried, kicking and screaming into the 20th century? (I don't want to rush things)

I should i simply not bother?
 Instagram - Duncan
Am I the wrong generation? Apparently I am from The Silent Generation - Traditionalists. Perhaps we simply don't do Instagram - or SnapChat (wossat?), or any of these things.

Here are the birth years for each generation:

Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 – TBD

Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 – 1995

Generation X: Born 1965 – 1976

Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964

Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before
 Instagram - Zero
Yes, Silence, stick with what you know, thats your best course of action. (and the best for the rest of us)

I'll look forward to it.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 6 Nov 18 at 08:33
 Instagram - No FM2R
Do not bother.

Really, don't. My girls use it and my brain dies a little bit every time I look at it.
 Instagram - Mapmaker
>> Do not bother.>> Really, don't. My girls use it and my brain dies a little bit every time
>> I look at it.

You might as well say 'don't use the internet' because a piece of your brain dies every time you look at what your girls are looking at on the internet. You will find their IG feed very, very dull indeed as it will be full of makeup, clothes, boys and yoga - just like their browsing. Find some members you want to follow yourself.

No idea what you do for fun, but try some big museums and art galleries perhaps. If cars are your thing, Aston Martin and Jaguar. Or your favourite football teams and you can see what your star players are up to. Or your favourite restaurants and chefs. It may be that there is no visual pleasure in your life, in which case you will find it somewhat limiting.
Latest Forum Posts