Computer Related > Google "doodle". Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 13

Google "doodle". - FotheringtonTomas
*That* really *is* annoying.
 Google "doodle". - Manatee
Tried it with different browsers? The dots grow on Firefox, but stay small on IE8.
 Google "doodle". - Zero
It is - and there is no explanation.
 Google "doodle". - Londoner
It's to celebrate Google's birthday, actually.
The annoying moving balls are a demo of what their programmers can do with a few lines of ingenious program code.
 Google "doodle". - rtj70
I see that (a) it is more impressive on the better browsers, i.e. not IE and (b) it's Google UK only and not Google.com.

Normally when they have a celebration type animated logo (like the Pacman) you see what it is for by hovering the mouse. This time the logo all flies about when you try to hover.
 Google "doodle". - John H
>> I see that (a) it is more impressive on the better browsers, i.e. not IE
>> and (b) it's Google UK only and not Google.com.
>>
Using exactly the same URL, I get the best effects on Chrome and SRWareIron where the balls change in size.
Next best is IE8, where the balls stay the same size.
No balls at all on firefox or opera, just the standard old google home page.
 Google "doodle". - rtj70
Works with the varying size balls on Safari too.

It's nothing to do with their birthday which is often said to be 7th or 27th Sept apparently. Just a bit of fun.
 Google "doodle". - Stuartli
>>No balls at all on firefox or opera, just the standard old google home page>>

Rubbish.

I use Firefox 99 per cent of the time and I've e-mailed several family members suggesting they have a look, pointing out how the coloured spheres scatter about and shrink and grow as they "escape" the attentions of the cursor...:-)
 Google "doodle". - rtj70
>> Rubbish.

Did the poster only check Google.com on Firefox. That is still the standard page. Hence not a birthday or other reason to play with an HTML5 (I assume) logo today.
 Google "doodle". - John H
>> >> Rubbish.

Rubbish to you too, Stuartli. Just because software on your PC works in a certain way doesn't mean mine must do the same.

>> Did the poster only check Google.com on Firefox. That is still the standard page. Hence
>> not a birthday or other reason to play with an HTML5 (I assume) logo today.
>>

Read my post. I repeat, exactly the same URL was used for the test.

Google "doodle". - rtj70
Rubbish to you too then. All the browser's I tried have some form of the animated logo. :-)

That was a smiley there in case you missed it.
 Google "doodle". - Zero
I dont care what browser it was on, it was a pain in the arris.
 Google "doodle". - FotheringtonTomas
I use FF 3.6.8 on XP Pro 2002 SP3 and saw all those flippin' balls. They're gone, now, thank goodness. What a balls-up.
 Google "doodle". - Stuartli
>>Rubbish to you too, Stuartli. Just because software on your PC works in a certain way doesn't mean mine must do the same.>>

Everyone I contacted had no problem observing the animation and that included two people who live thousands of miles from the UK and presumably are linked to Google.com...:-)

The "Rubbish" comment referred to the claim that it didn't work in Firefox, if you read the post again.....
Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 10 Sep 10 at 10:28
Latest Forum Posts