Computer Related > PDF Altering Computing Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

PDF Altering - MD
Urgent help required. I'm trying to upload a pdf doc to a bank but it won't go. My guess is it is too large. Can I just delete some pages or will it be 'locked'. This is just not my thing!
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 26 Mar 21 at 22:10
 PDF ALTERING - Zero
Full of could be's

Could be too big for your mail server, it might be locked so you cant just "take out" pages, but its likely to be that your banks email systems refuse to accept attachment like this for security reasons.

You need to talk to them and ask them how to get it to them.
 PDF ALTERING - Crankcase
I'm sure Zero is right, Martin, but if you do want to try to reduce the size just to see, there's lots of ways you can have a poke at it, and google leads to them.

Here's the first one, which offers five ways to reduce the size, but I have no direct experience of their effectiveness or ease.

Try if you want though.

www.onelegal.com/blog/5-ways-to-reduce-the-size-of-a-pdf/
 PDF ALTERING - No FM2R
How big is it? How many pages?

There's a variety of ways to reduce its file size but I'm not sure that will be the problem.

Does the bank website give you any clue as to file types it will accept? Does it give any error message when trying to upload the pdf?

Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 26 Mar 21 at 11:58
 PDF ALTERING - MD
Hi Mark, only upload unsuccessful. Two other docs went ok, but they were single pages..
Last edited by: MD on Fri 26 Mar 21 at 16:22
 PDF ALTERING - No FM2R
Try this. I just tried one and it reduced the pdf size by about half.

www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/compress-pdf.html
 PDF ALTERING - No FM2R
Or email it to me and I'll do it for you. I don't mind, it won't take 2 minutes. Unless it's something you'd rather not share, of course.
 PDF ALTERING - No FM2R
Sorry for multiple posts.

OR, you can open it on your screen to the page you want. And then press alt / win-button / s and select the area you want and then save it [repeat for each page you need]

The resulting screen shot will be a smaller file size than the pdf file.
 PDF ALTERING - Manatee
Just how big is it? I haven't come across this problem since I can't remember when (I use mainly gmail).

Printing to pdf might result in a smaller pdf.
 PDF ALTERING - MD
Thanks to all of you. Yes oversized was the issue and I eventually got the accountant to deal with it. Cheers.
Latest Forum Posts