Computer Related > Google Earth Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 5

Google Earth - Fullchat
I'm trying to find the latest satellite imagery for my location.

To do with a current application for change of use of a domestic paddock to extend a 'Lodge' (Caravan) site. This is up against domestic boundaries.

Developers have produced a satellite image which can't be more than 2 months old but all I can find on Google is very old imagery and bears little resemblance to the current view.
 Google Earth - Zero
You could check Apple Maps, The National library of Scotland* satellites.pro/UK_map

There are a gazzilion free ones, like zoom earth, google earth - they are free because the images are past their sell by date. Developers have almost certainly paid for commercial current images.

*dont ask me why the NLS has the best catalogue of maps, images and surveys of England!

Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 5 Apr 22 at 13:13
 Google Earth - Zero
Tho to be fair, Zoom Earth of my place appears to be summer 2021.
 Google Earth - Fullchat
Thanks for that. The Apple map is more up to date and allows much closer clarity. I cant see a date stamp on it. It is still not as up to date as the image I referred to earlier. The Google selection on the drop down is really up to date but as soon as you zoom in it reverts to older images.
 Google Earth - bathtub tom
Google maps, street view shows a date in the top LH corner when accessed from my steam driven 'puter. By travelling down the road opposite, I can get three different images:
Mar 2009
May 2012
Nov 2020
 Google Earth - Zero

>> Developers have produced a satellite image which can't be more than 2 months old but

It may well be a drone image they commissioned
Latest Forum Posts