Computer Related > Malwarebytes - NatWest freebie expiring? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 11

Malwarebytes - NatWest freebie expiring? - smokie
I've had reminders from the software that it runs out at end May. I can't find anything to the contrary so I guess the (rather handy) freebie will come to an end.

Does anyone know different?
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 11 May 22 at 08:25
 Malwarebytes - NatWest freebie expiring? - Duncan
Doesn't the bog standard - free of (extra) charge - Windows Defender thing do what you want?
 Malwarebytes - NatWest freebie expiring? - Zero
>> Doesn't the bog standard - free of (extra) charge - Windows Defender thing do what
>> you want?

Normally Dunc I would agree with you. (yes yes, sit down take a stiff drink, dont choke on your granola). But its pretty good, does not appear to be to resource hungry, in the time I have had it its pulled two trojans it found that defender didn't, and its free*

Its not however good enough or essential enough that I would pay for it.

(I'm sure someone from Morcambe Bay Area is going to pop up and say they have the free one and is so wonderful it makes their toast for all their friends and family as well)
 Malwarebytes - NatWest freebie expiring? - tyrednemotional

>> in the time I have had it its pulled two trojans it found
>> that defender didn't

....been looking for a tractor to buy?....

For years I've relied on the inbuilt Windows capabilities (having found Norton increasingly tedious).

I do run a reasonably regular scan with the free Malwarebytes version, however, for a second opinion.

>> ....been looking for a tractor to buy?....

motorcycle site, choppers.
>> I've had reminders from the software that it runs out at end May. I can't
>> find anything to the contrary so I guess the (rather handy) freebie will come to
>> an end.
>>
>> Does anyone know different?

I haven't had a reminder, so maybe it was time from install based? A poke around in the registry might make it "forget"?
 AVG free also expiring - bathtub tom
I've had notification that AVG free is being discontinued.
 AVG free also expiring - Duncan
What about Kapersky and Mac Afee?
 AVG free also expiring - Falkirk Bairn
Maybe Nat West just haven't paid the bill yet!
MY RBS MB has 81 days to go
 AVG free also expiring - smokie
I'm happy with the Windows offering, have been for many years and always thought Avast, ACG etc were not much of an improvement. But doesn't the Malwarebytes cover a more proper check, I'm on hols and can't be bothered with reading up on it but the premium does more on rootkits and realtime scanning etc doesn't it?

The NatWest site says they are giving it free until at least May 2022, I hope they renew it but if they don't I'd use it occasionally to scan and that'd be it.
 AVG free also expiring - Zero
Mine has 80 days to go
 AVG free also expiring - smokie
Looks like they've extended it to April 2024 but I have a different code which I can't enter, so a de-install/re-install may be required. Still got 12 days to go so I'll do it nearer the time.
Latest Forum Posts