Computer Related > Computer Ads Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 10

Computer Ads - Bromptonaut
I've just replaced my 6 year old Lenovo Idea Pad with a modern version with double the RAM and double the storage. Same price as the original; a few pence change from £150.

I'm now getting ads for a Surface Pro at well north of a grand....
Reminded The Lad via Whats App that he'd left a carton of dog food here after he and his Spaniel were weekend visitors.

Now being feed a stream of ads for bulk supplies of chicken mince etc.
 Computer Ads - Zero
When you signed up to Whats App you agreed to your online history being sold, how do you think they make money?
 Computer Ads - smokie
Watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix. Good insight albeit a little dated now.
>> When you signed up to Whats App you agreed to your online history being sold,
>> how do you think they make money?

I know how it works. Sometimes I just find it wryly funny.
 Computer Ads - Zero

>> I know how it works. Sometimes I just find it wryly funny.

When ones talks face to face to the missus about something and do not do anything on the web about it, and 6 hours later you get pushed a relevant add about it, it gets pretty spooky, nay worrying.
 Computer Ads - Fullchat
Just put a post up on the bed thread and then clicked on Youtube and the first ad is for mattresses. :/
 Computer Ads - bathtub tom
I've just bought some patio furniture (It's a good time of year to buy garden stuff). Heaven knows why companies now think I want to buy some more.
 Computer Ads - zippy
>> When ones talks face to face to the missus about something and do not do
>> anything on the web about it, and 6 hours later you get pushed a relevant
>> add about it, it gets pretty spooky, nay worrying.
>>

This happens to us so much.

I do wonder if many of the devices around the home with microphones are secretly listening in.

(Laptops, both work and personal, TV remotes, TVs, Alexas and equivalents, mobile phones etc.)

Either that or the algorithms are getting really good at predicting what we are going to buy after looking at some thing else.
 Computer Ads - Kevin
>I do wonder if many of the devices around the home with microphones are secretly listening in.

No need for gadgets. Covid implant.
 Computer Ads - Dog
>>No need for gadgets. Covid implant.

I missed out on those, unfortunately.
Latest Forum Posts