Computer Related > Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 11

Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - bathtub tom
Since I moved house I can't connect my (not very smart) TV and PVR. I've also got a new ISP, Vodafone fibre to the door.
I've had no problems with half-a-dozen mobile phones and a few tablets, so I don't think it's the password. I've been through the settings on the TV and PVR and they can both 'see' the router, but just won't connect.
They're separated by a couple of metres, the other side of what used to be an outside wall. Would that be enough to block the signal, but not affect other devices?
 Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - Bromptonaut
Wi fi frequency?

If the router is 5ghz are the telly and PCR (a) 5ghz capable and (b) have that facility selected?
 Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - Zero
5 metres? no should be fine.

could be that your new router is 5ghz, and your old stuff is stuck on 2.5ghz. Your router should have both, have you set up both on it?

Could be the password, some stuff wont work with special characters in the password ( like @ or £ for example)

According to the TV I have: wireless type 11n(2.5GHZ) and 11n(5GHZ)

Both are available and I can select either, but neither will connect.

The wifi light on the router is lit,but I suppose that's obvious as other devices connect.
reset TV and pvr back to factory settings and start again
>> reset TV and pvr back to factory settings and start again

Done that with the telly - no difference. Can't find a factory reset on the PVR. I'll probably give up on the PVR as the telly's newer and used to be better for apps.
 Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - zippy
Do you still have your old router?

I don't know if this will work but worth a try...

If you do, plug it in to the new router using an ethernet cable.

The TV and PVR should connect if they remember their settings.

Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - smokie
Might work, might be different subnets so although the old router and telly could talk to each other, they still won't talk to new network.
>> Might work, might be different subnets so although the old router and telly could talk
>> to each other, they still won't talk to new network.

if the router is ethernet connected to the other, it will connect to the internet, the new router will bridge
 Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - Biggles
A policy setting on the router, perhaps?
 Can't connect TV and PVR to router wirelessly - Biggles
Protected Management Frames, pmf, being set could be one such policy.
Finally got this (sort of) sorted. The TV will connect, but the PVR won't.

An old friend from here tried to help, but I ended up going through vodafone. They've a chatbot that's even more annoying than that damned windows paperclip. When I eventually got connected to a real person, they downloaded some updated firmware and it worked!
Latest Forum Posts