Computer Related > Google maps, no voice directions Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 11

Google maps, no voice directions - bathtub tom
As title. I can set a destination and apart from the initial 'turn West' type instruction, I get no further instructions. The map follows my location. Any suggestions?

phone: LG K8 2017
mobile data: on
start: pressed
unmuted
alerts only: off
 Google maps, no voice directions - Zero
As you get an initial instruction, I assume volume on phone and app are set right.

Start a route, touch the grey bar at the bottom, settings, ensure "play over bluetooth" is off, and play audio cues is on"

Failing that, update the app from the play store.
>> Start a route, touch the grey bar at the bottom, settings, ensure "play over bluetooth"
>> is off, and play audio cues is on"
>>
>> Failing that, update the app from the play store.

I don't see "play over bluetooth" or audio cues.

Do you suggest I update Google, google maps, google maps go, all, or anything else?
You need to have started a driving route. Grey at bottom, settings,

No idea how to check what version you are on, so Update just google maps from the playstore. Delete google maps go from your phone, you dont want two apps that may clash.

Google maps, no voice directions - smokie
I've had similar, can't remember if I get the initial instruction, but it was all about turning up the car volume (not the phone) while an announcement is being made. Same for quietening intrusive traffic announcement from the radio.
>> I've had similar, can't remember if I get the initial instruction, but it was all
>> about turning up the car volume (not the phone) while an announcement is being made.
>> Same for quietening intrusive traffic announcement from the radio.

Which indicates you were using bluetooth?
>> You need to have started a driving route. Grey at bottom, settings,
>>
>> No idea how to check what version you are on, so Update just google maps
>> from the playstore. Delete google maps go from your phone, you dont want two apps
>> that may clash.

Did that, no change, still just get the initial instruction. I probably won't be using the car for a few days now.
And maybe I would do a factory reset of the phone, and reload your data and apps, leaving maps go in the store.
 Google maps, no voice directions - Bromptonaut
Another Google Maps issue I'd meant to ask you folks for help with.

I'm finding, using my Moto G31 connected to Android Auto in my Fabia, that I'm repeatedly getting a 'searching for GPS' message that's not present using the phone on its own. Happened several times since mid Jan between Home and Kettering but I don't think location has anything to do with it.

Google tells me it's a widespread. Example below:

www.phonearena.com/news/android-auto-users-searching-for-gps-google-maps-bug_id145191

Articles suggest fixes which I'm looking at. Anyone else had it?

>> Articles suggest fixes which I'm looking at. Anyone else had it?

Yes, get poor GPS fixes from time to time on my relatively recent Moto g60s, rumour - denied by Lenovo (owner of Motorolla phones) is that the GPS chips used have issues.

Either way its my last Moto phone.
Resolved!
Re-loaded google and turned off bluetooth on the phone and I'm now getting all voice directions.
It's a little annoying that I can't answer calls while getting directions. Anyone know if Waze allows this? I'll suck it and see.
Set your Bluetooth for phone, but not media. (could be an option on the phone AND your car.)
Latest Forum Posts