Computer Related > Word, printers and disappearing content Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 10

Word, printers and disappearing content - borasport
I'm trying to print a form from Word2007. The whole of the form appears when I view the documents, and by rights the marging of the doc are well inside the capacity of the printer (Epson 880) but when I print it, or print preview it, only the header and footer are printer/displayed - has anybody any idea how to get the flipping thing to print ?
 Word, printers and disappearing content - Perky Penguin
Trying to help - no laughter please! Try downloading www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-office-software and see if it will work in that. I guess you could cut and paste the content from W2007 and see what that does. Or, cut and paste it into an e mail and see if that will print.
 Word, printers and disappearing content - Manatee
You might establish for certain whether it is a Word, or a printer/driver problem by trying another printer or virtual printer - try installing Primo PDF (free) which installs as a printer, but creates a pdf when you print to it - if the resultant pdf is missing the bits it's almost definitely a Word problem.

I found this, which suggests a corrupt Windows Registry entry can cause print problems -

help.wugnet.com/office/Word-2007-Mail-Merge-Problem-ftopict1082691.html
 Word, printers and disappearing content - spamcan61
Is the form a single sheet?

If so, is the print preview (with just the header and footer) showing a single sheet?

Make sure 'fit to page size' is set in the print options

I've just noticed in word 2003 there's a 'print data only for forms' option in :-

File > page setup > print options

which might be worth messng around with
Emailed the doc to a colleague in another office, he printer it to a hp printer, no problem.
Emailed it to a colleague in my office, he printed it to the original epson printer, prints no problem - he was using word 2003 - I'm using Word 2007 with the doc in compatibility mode, I think that must have something.
Flippin irritatin' - what you see is not what you should see !
I've tried cutepdf and the problem still occurs
 Word, printers and disappearing content - spamcan61
Does the form look OK in both 'normal' and 'print layout' views?
 Word, printers and disappearing content - J Bonington Jagworth
Is it really a form i.e. a set document with editable 'fields', or just something with tables in?

You could try saving it in a different format, such as RTF, and reloading it. Office 2007 (and now 2010) is a complete pain, IMHO...
 Word, printers and disappearing content - smokie
Could be some spurious formatting character at the start of the body of the document.

Ideally mail it to someone with Office 2007 and have them try it. (Me, if you can wait till this evening!)

Do other forms work OK?

Create another form and cut and paste just the middle section of your form and see if that's OK.

And select the whole document and go to Font, and make sure Hidden isn't ticked.
I tried saving it as a word2007 (docx) doc to see if that made any difference, and it didn't, and I've just run out of patience - I'll email it to someone who can print it, life is too short to find out why it ain't working

thanks for all the suggestions
 Sorted ! - borasport
The form element was created as a drawing, and there is for some reason, a switch in Word2007 to not print drawings.

hope this helps anybody who comes across the problem
Latest Forum Posts