Computer Related > "Language pack installation" box Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 5

"Language pack installation" box - L'escargot
Since yesterday, whenever I click on one of my favourites (a British bank) I get a "Language pack installation" box appear which says "To display language characters correctly you need to install the following language pack. Japanese."

(a) How do I stop it appearing?
(b) Should I tick the option "Never install any language packs." and then click on Cancel?

So far I've just been closing the box by clicking on the cross in the top right hand corner, but it's not a permanent solution.
 "Language pack installation" box - Focusless
Personally I would just allow it to install - or didn't that work?
 "Language pack installation" box - Clk Sec
This might help, L'escargot.

tinyurl.com/2fwas7t
 "Language pack installation" box - Tooslow
A Microsoft Office language pack, and Japanese at that, to use (?) IE? I know the Word spell checker gets used but, without sight of it, my alarm bells would be ringing and I'd be giving it it's marching orders. I certainly wouldn't let it install. Especially as it's coming up on a banking site. Does it appear for other sites?

Just a thought. When did you pick up this months's patches? Your software update page will show. They came out on Tuesday.
John
Last edited by: Tooslow on Fri 17 Dec 10 at 09:22
 "Language pack installation" box - L'escargot
>> A Microsoft Office language pack, and Japanese at that, to use (?) IE?

IE8

>> I know
>> the Word spell checker gets used but, without sight of it, my alarm bells would
>> be ringing and I'd be giving it it's marching orders.

That's what I thought. How do I give it it's marching orders? Will ticking the option "Never install any language packs." and then click on Cancel do it?

>> Does it appear for other
>> sites?

I've not seen it on any other sites

>> Just a thought. When did you pick up this months's patches?

Yesterday ~ the same day as I started getting the language installation pack box.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 17 Dec 10 at 09:31
 "Language pack installation" box - Zero
what bank is it?

Latest Forum Posts