Computer Related > Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date Miscellaneous
Thread Author: John H Replies: 100

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - John H
from windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/16/windows-7-sp1-follow-up.aspx

Feb 16 2011

"Starting today, MSDN and TechNet Subscribers as well as Volume License customers will be able to download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Next week on February 22nd, everybody else will be able to download SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center or Windows Update. As people begin downloading and installing SP1, I thought Iā€™d take the opportunity to highlight some tips and recommendations for people before moving forward with their installation. .....

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - smokie
Thanks for the heads up John, do you know if it's just fixes or any additional functionality?

(I'm off for a look myself and will report back too).
OK, pretty much just maintenance and security. windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/whats-included-in-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1
>> OK, pretty much just maintenance and security.
>>

windowsteamblog entry on 9th Feb said:

"For Windows 7, SP1 will help keep your PCs well supported by delivering ongoing updates, many of which have been made previously available through Windows Update. It also includes client-side support for RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory which are two new virtualization features ... ".

Be warned if you are on slow broadband connection, or have a monthly download limit below 2GB; the size of SP1 varies between circa 2GB to 3GB, depending on which version of Win 7 you have:

images.torko.net/images/840msdnW7sp1_a.jpg

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Stuartli
The beta versions have been around for a while.....

But I've preferred to wait for the final version.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - RattleandSmoke
I best download it and keep a CD of it in my car, I won't be downloaded that too often!!
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Tooslow
You won't get 2GB on a CD!
John
You know what I mean, DVD :).
:-)

John
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - VxFan
>> You know what I mean, DVD :).

I would have thought storing it on a memory stick would have been better, especially if any of your customers have netbooks that don't have room for DVD drives on them.
I wondered if it was to avoid any possibility of infection.

John
>> I wondered if it was to avoid any possibility of infection.
>>

If Ratts keeps his clients and himself up to date with MS Updates, then KB971029 will have fixed that issue earlier this month. (Manual fixes to the threat were issued some months ago, but the February updates offered to do it automatically).
Infection is a problem with memory sticks, I do havea couple I use with write protect on, that will solve the problem but they are getting harder to buy.

I would have thought no update will stop the possibility of USB drives being infected but autoplay was the biggest cause of this. It does seem quite rare but I know a lot of GMP's computers were bought down by an infection by a USB stick.

I actually store a lot of my ulilities online now as it is easier to keep everything updated. I use a different password just in a client machine has a keylogger installed.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - rtj70
>> Infection is a problem with memory sticks, I do havea couple I use with write protect on,
>> that will solve the problem but they are getting harder to buy.

Use SD Cards in a USB card reader with the physical read/write switch set to read.
Great idea thanks :).

I had thought about using SD cards before but but a good amount of PCs don't have a reader (still) and I would loose them. Taking a USB reader would solve that issue.

The USB SD card reader I have is the size of a thumb drive with a slot at one end for the card. There are some a lot smaller. So you could have cards with particular software on etc. Not as cheap as having some larger USB sticks though but the write switch is physical.

It's not this one I have but similar in principle:

www.expansys.com/expansys-memory-usb-2-0-sdmmc-card-reader-114547/

I only got one to read the larger SDHC cards my camera take. I had/have an all-in-one reader but it does not read cards larger than 2Gb.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 18 Feb 11 at 21:44
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - borasport
Well I installed SP1 a couple of hours ago, any if I can actually get my PC to respond (currently posting from laptop) the first thing I will be doing is uninstalling it !
It is almost as if it's ripped all the memory out and quartered the processor speed
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Zero
keep us informed as to your progress,
No problems in my case.

In WindowsUpdate, although it wasn't very clear (the SP1 packed was unticked), you had to first install two Windows7 updates, reboot and then download Windows7 SP1, rebooting again after installation.

After that a further small update (about 345kb), this time for SP1, appeared.
I had KB2387530, KB24844033 and KB976932 (sp1) waiting for me, and KB2488113 (performance update) and an Intelipoint 8 install in the non urgent bucket.

So I installed all of the non Sp1 updates first, and rebooted, then installed SP1 (was a 65mb download) and rebooted.

All fine.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Arctophile
>> I had KB2387530, KB24844033 and KB976932 (sp1) waiting for me, and KB2488113 (performance update)

Well, I've got all of those except KB976932 - no sign of SP1. If I check for updates it comes back with "Windows is up to date. There are no updates available for your computer"

Am I doing something wrong?

>> Am I doing something wrong?

No its staggered to prevent overloading the servers, it will come to you don't worry.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Iffy
I fired up my Vista laptop for the first time in a couple of months earlier this week.

Windows wanted to do around 20 updates.

It coughed and spluttered a bit, I saw some screens I've never seen before, and I had to restart a couple of times, but it got there in the end.

Might be a good idea to start it every couple of weeks.
>>Might be a good idea to start it every couple of weeks.>>

If you configure WindowsUpdates to "Notify Me of Updates But Don't Download Them", you can choose which ones you wish to download and install (tick Customise box and then select required updates in XP) or from the list in Windows7.

Don't know what form the Vista method will be.
Mine has just applied SP1, no problem. Two other patches included, one for Silverlight and an optional one for "performance / reliability". Approaching 900MB in total.

John
I stuck it on last night, only problem so far is that the front speaker jack seems to be not working, and it was working yesterday.

Also when I connected iPod it couldn't recognise it and wanted a factory reload - which I doubt was due to SP1, although it's never happened before.

So once it's finished the iPod re-sync I can reboot to get the latest drivers installed for the sound and see if it's just a driver problem...
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 27 Feb 11 at 10:45
Phew! Front jack is ok, though curiously WMP asked me if I wanted standard or custom config when I started it. All ok after that.

John
you can tell he is a computer geek, he has been doing system testing since the update went on!
Yeah WMP was reset to first install on mine too.

Its a real pain when stuff like that happens, Nicole will be logging on and moaning at me because stuff dont work or she gets new boxes up that were never there before.
front speaker > jack seems to be not working, .. see if it's just a driver problem...
>>

Knew it wouldn't be that simple.. It's removed the Realtek sound Control Panel which looks like taking about 3+ hours to download, due entirely to problems on their mirror sites. This is irritating to say the least as I have quad speakers and it took ages to set that up to play quad without having to use some crappy "effect" which distorted the sound. I suspect that once I get the control panel back it might give me access to the front speaker port again but I think I am going to be left with a port problem.

An old issue has reared it's head too - you may remember me posting here about volume always being turned down immediately after reboot, and the slider won't stay up when you turn up the volume. It's back, as a result of SP1. problem is, I don't know what fixed it, or at least improve it, for it never was properly fixed. I sort of pinned it down to be a USB related problem but can't remember what I did to get to the position I was in, which was preferable to how it is now.

I may well restore my PC to pre-SP1 for now if I can't resolve it quickly.

However I don't believe SP1 is flawed - just such a major upgrade has had a more widespread impact that I expected. I'll definitely go back to it later.
The official Realtek site has always been a pain for excruciatingly slow downloads - dialup used to be quicker...:-)
>> The official Realtek site has always been a pain for excruciatingly slow downloads - dialup
>> used to be quicker...:-)
>>
Four distinct downloads took a lifetime then stopped at 0 seconds remaining. I guess this is some final handshake before the file gets renamed on my computer. So I cancelled the download, copied the temporary file then rename it as an .exe and sure enough it has run the driver and control panel installation through to completion.

So I now have the Realtek control panel back but outstanding issues to work on, as the front panel doesn't seem to recognise anything is plugged into it, whereas it did before SP1. (Also having problems getting the machine to recognise a USB drive but that particular drive has often been problematic)
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - corax
>> However I don't believe SP1 is flawed - just such a major upgrade has had
>> a more widespread impact that I expected. I'll definitely go back to it later.

When I had a system restore on my computer due to a virus I couldn't remove, I had umpteen updates (using Vista). I think it was Service Pack 2 that removed my sound drivers, and I had to reinstall them - I had to pay a small fee. I should have asked you guys how to get them for free (as I'm sure you can). Very annoying.
Interesting. I've just noticed that all System Restore points prior to the SP1 point have gone. Not important.
John
I was wondering. IIRC previous service packs, not for W7 obviously, have left a monster temp file or backout file lying around which you could safely get rid of once you were happy with SP1, say a month from now.

Does anyone know if this is the case with this one?

John
>> I was wondering. IIRC previous service packs, not for W7 obviously, have left a monster
>> temp file or backout file lying around

Yeah I reckon you are right there, my disk use has gone up by prob 20Gb since yesterday - quite important as it's only a small SSD drive to start off with!!

I'm almost at the point of reverting to pre-SP1 so will look to see where space has been used up. Don't think it's one big file.
OK, back on original Windows 7 64 bit now. Had ot use Repair option after ghosting back, probably different format somewhere in the boot records...

I only have a screen dump of top layer folder sizes from SP1 but Windows was 2.2Gb larger and Users seems to be 0.2 Gb larger but other than that it's much the same size.

At least I've got my headphones back...
I hate coincidence.

Last night I was testing my headphones on original Windows 7 and they weren't working. I have to use an extender cable from front outlet as headphone cable isn't long enough. So I plugged them directly into the PC and it seems the extender cable has expired.

So today I'm back on SP1 and they are still working, without the extender. They are in daily use and were definitely working on Sat afternoon, before I went to SP1.

Still have the problem with teh volume slider but that's not new, and I can live with it.

Disk space used is now around the same since I did a disk cleanup as per above.
no cant find monster.tmp, what directory is it in?
>> no cant find monster.tmp, what directory is it in?
>>

find it here tinyurl.com/6l9patg (Microsoft link)

Discussed here
windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/16/windows-7-sp1-follow-up.aspx
"For those who may want to free up hard drive space, it is possible to remove the service pack installation specific files after installing Windows 7 SP1. ..... Please note that once you do this you will be unable to remove Windows 7 SP1 from your PC. "

Thanks.
John
>>. I should have asked you guys how to get them for free (as I'm sure you can). >>

Manufacturer or system builder's website.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - spamcan61
>> I think it was Service Pack 2 that
>> removed my sound drivers, and I had to reinstall them - I had to pay
>> a small fee. I should have asked you guys how to get them for free
>> (as I'm sure you can). Very annoying.
>>

Just as a general tip, I often find with multi-national companies that the .com site has more drivers and documentation for products than the .co.uk sute.
...sound drivers...

I found an old headphone jack to phono plug lead.

Plugged it into the Mac and the line input on my Onkyo mini system and....it works.

No problems with drivers, volume equalisation, distortion or anything else.

Tone had just started a Donovan song on the iPlayer, and I was up and running before the vocal came in.

Bitter experience tells me there would have been some 'issue' or other had I tried the same thing with my Vista laptop.

Yes, this is yet another 'buy a Mac' post, but the same critical difference keeps on manifesting itself between Mac and Windows - one works, the other doesn't.

[Yawn] :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 10:14
Change the record.
...Change the record...

At least I can without having to download a service pack, ask questions on a computer forum, change settings, download something else, ask another question etc etc.
>> At least I can without having to download a service pack, ask questions on a
>> computer forum, change settings, download something else, ask another question etc etc.
>>

There are poorer people around who cannot afford your extravagant toys. Also, if you love your Mac that much, why are you reading Windows 7 posts?
Last edited by: John H on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 10:24
So did I.

your point is?
+1

at least until Iffy can speak with authority on matters relating to computer hardware and software.
>> Yes, this is yet another 'buy a Mac' post, but the same critical difference keeps
>> on manifesting itself between Mac and Windows - one works, the other doesn't.
>>

It seems to have escaped your powers of observation that a Mac is a one company hardware made using trademarked parts and uses its own software; whereas Windows is an operating system that any PC manufacturer can use. More to the point, Windows can be used in a "PC system" designed and built by any bodger. Apples [pun intended] and pears so to speak.

Last edited by: John H on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 10:20
...It seems to have escaped your powers of observation that a Mac...

It has escaped the powers of observation of the makers of Windows that 99 per cent of computer users just want a product that works.

Windows is fine for computer hobbyists who are more interested in the process than the result.

>> It has escaped the powers of observation of the makers of Windows that 99 per
>> cent of computer users just want a product that works.
>>

No, the makers of Windows are in the software business. The "soft" in Microsoft indicates that they are a software business.

The hardware makers are the ones who should be producing products that just work, but when you have a free hardware market, it allows the consumers to use Windows in PCs which are uniquely configured for their needs and so there are millions of differently configures windows PCs out there. The miracle is that so many millions of them work despite the different combinations of hardware that consumers install in them.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Hard Cheese

Iffy, a PC would do the same, perhaps better if it has a Creative X-Fi sound card or similar.

However if your Onkyo system is true hifi then you wont get the best results that way, you are relying in the Mac's in built DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter), better to use a separate DAC and take the digital signal from the MAC into the DAC.

Cheddar,

Thanks for the only sensible and considered reply, although I don't know why you bothered because that type of response is clearly not wanted around here.

The Onkyo was about Ā£250 plus speakers, so is a reasonable piece of kit.

Sound quality using the Mac as a source was about equivalent to DAB - good enough for 'kitchen listening'.

I was pleased to get such a result so easily, but it appears the usability of the Mac and the fact I have one offends one or two on here.

Zero and JohnH,

The whole point is I am not a computer engineer, but I want a product that works.

If I could 'speak with authority' on computers - and had nothing better to do - I could spend hours pratting around with the software to make it work.

As ever, the replies on here immediately turn personal.

Yes, I can afford a Mac.

You got a problem with that?

John, I'd have thought after the disgraceful way you hounded Pat in the pre-pack admin thread, you would have learned something.

Clearly not.

Iffy,

your "imac is god" was not helpful or wanted in a technical thread about a specific issue.

That is why it attracted immediate derision.
...was not helpful or wanted...

Forum editor as well as all-round sage now?

If you look at the thread, it started with downloading a service pack, drifted into memory sticks, bandwidth, discs and goodness knows what else, before Smokie introduced a question about speaker drivers.

Doesn't look very specific to me.

But then, I just post on here, I don't run the place.

>> ...was not helpful or wanted...
>>
>> Forum editor as well as all-round sage now?

Not at all, just explaining why you got shot at.

Of course you knew you would, that is why you put your IMAC IS GOD hat on.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 11:20
...Of course you knew you would, that is why you put your IMAC IS GOD hat on...

Yet another claim you cannot substantiate.

whatever
...whatever...

That's the spirit.

Wait until iffy's Mac has a problem though. There won't be many on here able to help. He seems to think Macs never go wrong (they do), that they cannot have viruses (they can), etc

I wonder how many of us will have problems if we upgrade to MacOSX 10.7 (Lion).

The iLife 11 software (which Iffy probably hasn't tried but it's very good) had lots of bugs on release and screwed up people's iPhoto libraries when they upgraded. As in you lost all your photos.

So iffy before you tempt fate.... don't keep saying get a Mac ;-) I have had one for ages too as you know.

Back to the SP1 thread though... smokie that does not like too much of a coincidence to suddenly break with SP1. I take it this was a simple 3.5mm type analogue lead? Like the magic one iffy uses? But if it's broken and it is a wire issue - a little spooky to coincide with the upgrade.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Robin O'Reliant
No one's mentioned Linux yet.

Whatever that is.
...He seems to think Macs never go wrong (they do), that they cannot have viruses (they can), etc...

I've used Macs at work for 15 years, suffice to say I am well aware of the above.

Don't think I've ever posted about reliability one way or the other.

This one hasn't gone wrong so far, that's all I can say about that.

There's been a few threads on here about the difficulty of getting a PC/laptop to play music files through a hi-fi system.

Can't remember what the answers were, but it was more complicated than pushing one plug in one gadget and two plugs into the other.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Duncan
Going back to the Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

I have had two attempts at downloading it and failed. Should I persevere, or give up?
Going back to the Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

I have had two attempts at downloading it and failed. Should I persevere, or give up?
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Pat
Is that an echo I hear, Duncan?:)

Pat
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Clk Sec
I say, I have had...
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 08:48
>> Is that an echo I hear, Duncan?:)

I think it must be all this business about "The King's Speech".

A stammer is quite fashionable ;-)
Duncan, it would help if you provided a little more detail than

"it failed"
>> I have had two attempts at downloading it and failed. Should I persevere, or give
>> up?
>>

windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/learn-how-to-install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1

If you had pushed smokies defective plug into your mac, yours wouldn't have worked either.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Focusless
Just tried it via Windows Update - after about 10 minutes of disk churning it started downloading, then with the progress bar about half way across it announced it had failed, code 80070308. Trying again now (as it suggested) - if it fails again I'll try following the stuff you find by googling the code.
>> try following the stuff you find by googling the code.
>>

No need to Google. The MS link I posted just above this reply gives you a link to the direct download site.

>> No need to Google. The MS link I posted just above this reply gives you
>> a link to the direct download site.

I was hoping to avoid the full size download assuming (possibly incorrectly) I'd need significantly less, but yes, that might be the easiest option.
If you are fully up to date with all your updates, I wouldn't bother with SP1, certainly wouldn't go to the extent of downloading the entire update. I would only use the full pack to slipstream SP1 onto a new install.
>> SP1, certainly wouldn't go to the extent of downloading the entire update. I would only
>> use the full pack to slipstream SP1 onto a new install.
>>

>> I was hoping to avoid the full size download assuming (possibly incorrectly) I'd need
>> significantly less,

What is the size indicated for your download through Windows Update?

File Name ; & Size
7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso ; 1953.3MB
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe ; 903.2MB
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe ; 537.8MB

Last edited by: John H on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 13:28
>> >> I was hoping to avoid the full size download assuming (possibly incorrectly) I'd need
>>
>> >> significantly less,
>>
>> What is the size indicated for your download through Windows Update?

IIRC it said from 40 up to the 500+GB of the full download.
>> IIRC it said from 40 up to the 500+GB of the full download.

Downloading again now - 61GB.
>> I was hoping to avoid the full size download assuming (possibly incorrectly) I'd need significantly
>> less, but yes, that might be the easiest option.

...or not: "The client of a component requested an operation which is not valid given the state of the component instance"

Error: ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE(0x80070308)

Running the Windows troubleshooter...
>> Running the Windows troubleshooter...

Claimed to have found and fixed a problem - trying Windows Update again...
>> Claimed to have found and fixed a problem - trying Windows Update again...

Guess what [sigh] ...

Time to take the dog for a walk.
Not running VM's on it are you?
>> Not running VM's on it are you?

No, not on this PC.
>>Error: ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE(0x80070308>>

I mentioned earlier that WindowsUpdate detailed downloading two Windows7 updates first, rebotting and then downloading SP1 and rebooting after installation. This then brought up a further small Windows7 update.

Perhaps that is the reason for the "out of sequence" message in your case (i.e. downloading SP1 first)?.
Windows update is clever enough to put updates into the correct sequence.
>> Windows update is clever enough to put updates into the correct sequence.

Worth a go though...
system update readiness tools

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2011]
www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=914FBC5B-1FBA-4BAE-A7C3-D2C47C6FCFFC

x84 systems - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2011]
www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=44E15787-66B0-4E9C-9C3B-1FC9EA40F69F

Use this forum to discuss all areas specific to Service Pack 1 (SP1) RC for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproSP/threads
Last edited by: John H on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 13:33
>> x84 systems - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2011]
>> www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=44E15787-66B0-4E9C-9C3B-1FC9EA40F69F

Optional updates installed but SP1 still failed, so I'll give the above a go...
>> >> x84 systems - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2011]
>> >> www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=44E15787-66B0-4E9C-9C3B-1FC9EA40F69F
>>
>> Optional updates installed but SP1 still failed, so I'll give the above a go...

Nah. I'll try the forum when I can work up some enthusiasm.
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Roger.
..so, is it safe to let my laptop accept SP1 for Windows 7 Home Premiun 64 bit?
Yes

Probably
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Roger.
Zero - are you a lawyer? :=)
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - Arctophile
As I mentioned a few days ago Windows Updater has still not been offering SP1 to me. I decided to do a bit of investigating and discovered that, according to Microsoft, there may be a number of reasons why SP1 is not offered. They are described here:-

support.microsoft.com/kb/2498452

One of the reasons given is that SP1 in combination with older Intel HD Graphics drivers and Windows Live Mail can cause problems. My 6 months old Toshiba laptop had an older Intel driver and the updater was clever enough to know not to offer SP1 ā€“ it wasn't clever enough to tell me why it wasn't offering SP1 though. :-(

I updated the Intel driver via Toshiba's website and bingo ā€“ SP1 was immediately offered. It took about 45min to download and install.

All seems to be working OK although, like others, I had to reconfigure Media Player.

So, if SP1 doesn't seem to be available to you it may be worth looking at the above Microsoft site.
>> Nah. I'll try the forum when I can work up some enthusiasm.

Had another go at the Windows 7 sp1 update yesterday (all other updates have been fine), hoping something might have sorted itself in the month since I last tried it, but no. Also tried renaming the windows/SoftwareDitsribution folder which was suggested somewhere and running the Windows Update Troubleshooter again.

Have emailed Microsoft technical support - I'm curious to see what sort of service they give.
>> but no. Also tried renaming the windows/SoftwareDitsribution folder which was suggested somewhere and running the
>> Windows Update Troubleshooter again.
>>
>> Have emailed Microsoft technical support - I'm curious to see what sort of service they
>> give.
>>

Download the standalone full SP1 pack.

Disconnect from the internet.

Disable all your firewall/AV security software such as Avast and zonealarm or whatever.

Run the standalone full SP1 pack.

Only re-enable them after the SP1 update has installed successfully (if it does!).

Reconnect internet.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 official release date - lancara
SP1 updated on desktop and laptop OK, and seems to have cured some problems with other updates earlier in the week which failed to configure a couple of times. Problem appeared to be associated with a C++ 2005 redistributable
MS support got back to me yesterday (they apologised for the delay) and suggested a couple of options, the first being running the System Readiness Tool before trying the update again. I'd already tried that (see above) but gave it another go; I noticed that the download had a different file name compared to last time, as the previous version was still in my download directory.

Anyway, this time it worked. Huzzah!

FWIW the System Readiness Tool created a log which included the following:

Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Missing C Mark 0x00000000 c!windowsfoundation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_03
103096f1ed527c x86_microsoft-windows-comdlg32.resources_31bf3856ad364e
35_6.1.7600.16385_nb-no_a5992a7f591d707f Missing
c!
(fix) CSI Missing C Mark CSI Registry Item Repaired c!windowsfoundation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_03103096f
1ed527c
successfully added to x86_microsoft-windows-comdlg32.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.163
85_nb-no_a5992a7f591d707f

(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Missing 0x00000000 c!windowsfoundation_31bf385&ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385
_03103096f1ed527c x86_microsoft-windows-comdlg32.resources_31bf3856ad3
64e35_6.1.7600.16385_nb-no_a5992a7f591d707f

>> again. I'd already tried that (see above) but gave it another go; I noticed that
>> the download had a different file name compared to last time, as the previous version
>> was still in my download directory.

What are the different file names?
The MS download links show the files were released on "2/22/2011".

>> What are the different file names?
>> The MS download links show the files were released on "2/22/2011".

My mistake - in fact the files had different KB numbers ie. the older one was for something else.
Latest Forum Posts