Computer Related > FireFox query Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 4

FireFox query - Stuartli
Anyone any idea why this version of FireFox was posted yesterday (Version 5 is the latest)?

It's on at least two other download websites as well.

majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_3_-__d7015.html
 FireFox query - Slidingpillar
No idea, but that site also had version 5, and an early 6.

Might be related to user reaction. The "nanny knows best" IE philosophy has rubbed off on them and I had to a fair bit of searching to get the top line menu back when I 'upgraded' to version 4.

Beats me though why anyone would use a third party download site for this, mozilla is a pretty upfront organisation.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Tue 21 Jun 11 at 13:28
 FireFox query - Stuartli
>>Beats me though why anyone would use a third party download site for this, mozilla is a pretty upfront organisation. >>

Agreed, but FileHippo (which also carries all previous versions of software), Softpedia and MajorGeeks make it more convenient to discover what's been released on a rolling basis and usually, if preferred, you can link to the original vendors' websites for downloads.
 FireFox query - Roger.
Some of us are reactionaries!
www.oldversion.com/
 FireFox query - John H
>> Anyone any idea why this version of FireFox was posted yesterday (Version 5 is the
>> latest)?
>>

www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Because it is like XP gets updates even though Vista has been replaced by Win 7. Think Firefox 3.6, 4, and 5; Or think IE7, IE8 and IE9.

In other words, some companies allow time for people to migrate to newer versions of software. For example, some C4P members don't like the favourites/bookmarks in the new Firefox and IE and stubbornly won't upgrade to the latest versions.

Latest Forum Posts