Computer Related > Drag and Drop in Excel? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Drag and Drop in Excel? - Ambo
It is possible to get two Word doumcents on the screen at the same time in minimised form and drag and drop information between them. I can't do this in Excel. Is it impossible? If not, can someone kindly advise how to do it please?
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - The Nut
Don't know how to drag and drop but I have figured out how to get two excel documents on screen. Open both documents, they don't open in 2 windows so you have to click view then "view side by side".

Instead of drag and drop you could use copy and paste from the keyboard shortcuts (crtl+c, ctrl+v).

This is for office 2007 BTW.
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - spamcan61
I can't find a way of doing it in Excel 2003, I'd just copy-paste as 'The Nut' suggests.
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - devonite
dont know if this works in excell - but it does in openoffice calc.

open excel twice, shrink the top window using the middle radio button at the top right, switch to the second window and do the same, you can then adjust the windows further by placing the cursor on the pane edges until you get this symbol <-> then you can make the windows any size you want, use the top bar of each to drag an drop them next to each other.
meant to say open two copies of the same work book you want to work on. Then you can drag an drop or cut/paste info between them.
hth
Last edited by: devonite on Fri 22 Jul 11 at 15:37
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - spamcan61
You can do much the same in Excel, I was assuming the tricky bit for the OP was the drag and drop, not the having two documents open in one application bit; but re-reading the original message maybe you're right.

If you can't get two worksheets at once in Excel then you need to go to tools > options and make sure that 'windows in taskbar' is de-selected.
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - Ambo
Many thanks for all the above
 Drag and Drop in Excel? - Victorbox
If you are using Windows 7 you can click and hold top bar in Word doc then drag to either side of screen, left and right, one after the other and they will resize themselves automatically to sit side by side. Applies to any files you want to view side by side.
Last edited by: Victorbox on Sun 24 Jul 11 at 17:23
Latest Forum Posts