Computer Related > back up of songs. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 2

back up of songs. - -
I have a mixture of songs on my PC, some of which i have paid for and downloaded, some of which i have 'ripped' i believe is the term from CD's which may or may not be able to be found.

My own PC is getting on a bit and we've put all the songs onto an external hard drive, which SWM has downloaded onto her new PC to double check they are all there.

Now the problem, the ones i have downloaded play OK, the ones i have ripped will not play unless i click on a button to request a licence to play.

Is there a way round this please, or will we have to search high and low for the CD's ifg and when my present PC dies.

If i put them all on an ipod thingy would i be able to play them all straight from that instead?

Remember in replies i'm just a thicko trucka..;)

Thanks already.
 back up of songs. - spamcan61
What programme did you use to rip the CDs? Windows media player does have a copy protection option somewhere in the menus, although it's off by default.

If you did use WMP with copy protection then you'll need something like Tunebite to strip the copy protection.

forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8566
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Fri 12 Aug 11 at 13:56
 back up of songs. - -
Thanks Spamcan.

Will peruse the Tunebite route, you were right i did use WMP and it does seem to have copy protected the ripped songs.
Latest Forum Posts