Computer Related > Data transfer Phone to PC Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 16

Data transfer Phone to PC - MD
Possibly one for Zeddo or Rats. Nokia 6310i I need to transfer pics to PC, but I cannot abide the incompetent Nokia Suite which has a mind of it's own. Even Orange techies tell me it's carp. I have the correct lead plugged in, but as a Builder I don't know where to go next!!

Thanks.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - VxFan
When I had my Nokia 6230 and N70, with PC Suite installed, I just opened 'My Computer' (pressing the Start button & E together will bring it up) and there was a folder shown for the phone. Click on it and then open the relevant sub folder which contains the pictures. Either drag and drop into another folder, or copy/paste them into another folder.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 16 Aug 11 at 10:31
Thank you very much Vx.....sorted.

Regards.........Martin.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - spamcan61
I suspect you are pretty much stuck with using PCsuite on these older phones, so VxFan's method is probaly the best bet. There was a short period around 2006 ish when PC suite was actually fairly stable and usable, but then the whole Ovi thing happened.

If it's only a few photos and you PC has Bluetooth then it would probably be easier to send the pictures directly from the phone to the PC via Bluetooth.

Come to think of it I don't recall the 6310i having a camera anyway?????
That's because it is a 6303....oops, silly me!!
>> That's because it is a 6303....oops, silly me!!
>>

Ah right! I wondered if 6310 was one of the phone type numbers Nokia had decided to re-use, which can cause confusion.

In that case, as the 6303 is a fairly recent phone, you should find that when you connect the data cable to the phone you are offered a few options on its display, one of which is 'data storage' . This mode allows the computer to see the phone as if it was a USB stick or similar, files can then be transferred without using PC Suite at all.

Page 16 of the user guide explains the options for data transfer:-

nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_6303_classic_UG_en.pdf
Cheers all done.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - Iffy
...I don't recall the 6310i having a camera anyway??...

Spammers is a fount of useful info on gadgets, and I'm sure he's helped many of us.

But remembering Nokia model numbers - and the features of each phone - makes me want to shout 'anorak' very loudly. :)

Data transfer Phone to PC - rtj70
The 6310i was a bit of a classic phone - still one of the better battery lives I know of. I've still got the 6310i - officially my company mobile.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - Zero
everyone who had a 6310i

a: remembers it fondly
b: kept it in the drawer rather than chuck it come new fone day.

they still fetch 35 quid on ebay every day of the week.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - rtj70
I still have mine as it's the company's phone. I use another with the company SIM card in it.

Come new car time though I might upgrade the work phone - the car kit will be Bluetooth so no problems with cradles.
 Data transfer Phone to PC - sherlock47
>> everyone who had a 6310i
>>
>> a: remembers it fondly
>> b: kept it in the drawer rather than chuck it come new fone day.
>>
>> they still fetch 35 quid on ebay every day of the week.
>>

Not every one puts them in a drawer! We still use 3 and carkits in 3(of 5) cars. SWMBO creates every now and then, that it is too big for a handbag, and lacks a camera. So I bought her a proper Panasonic camera to keep her quiet.

I replenish my supply by acquiring them from other peoples drawers.

tinyurl.com/3n687q4
You know you want one really.
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 16 Aug 11 at 17:00
>> ...I don't recall the 6310i having a camera anyway??...
>>
>> Spammers is a fount of useful info on gadgets, and I'm sure he's helped many
>> of us.
>>
>> But remembering Nokia model numbers - and the features of each phone - makes me
>> want to shout 'anorak' very loudly. :)
>>
I can't remember every Nokia model number honest :-) . As* folks have pointed out the 6310i was a real classic phone, hence I remember the number, and I was still using them for test purposes as part of my job a couple of years back.

In anorak terms, SWMBO used to sigh audibly when we'd be waiting at a set of traffic lights and I'd say things like 'that Cavalier has the wrong wheel trims for the model year'. In my defence, at least I'm knowingly making anorakish statements, rather than assuming innocent bystanders are actually interested in my ramblings :-)

*apologies for starting that sentence with a conjunction.
...*apologies for starting that sentence with a conjunction...

Apology accepted.

But there is a school of thought which says starting a sentence with a conjunction is more a matter of style than strict grammatical correctness.

And I agree with that view.

Data transfer Phone to PC - FocalPoint
I thought my schooling was pretty rigorous as regards grammatical correctness, but I never realised that starting a sentence with a conjunction was ever considered a solecism. Ending a sentence with a preposition - now that was different; but even that has been largely abandoned, probably to most people's relief, along with the split infinitive.

If enough people decide (consciously or otherwise) that some aspect of their language will change, then it will change. The "rules" of a living language, in the final analysis, can only be descriptive, not prescriptive.

Sorry for getting caught up in some substantial thread-drift here, but it's one of my pet topics.
>>
>> If enough people decide (consciously or otherwise) that some aspect of their language will change,
>> then it will change. The "rules" of a living language, in the final analysis, can
>> only be descriptive, not prescriptive.
>>
Agreed, the conjunction 'rule' sticks in my mind from school for some reason, my early 1970s English teacher was very old school, using biros was verboten, less than 18/20 in a spelling test meant you had to stand up in front of the whole class etc.

ooh, almost forgot the other rule; a preposition is something you shouldn't end a sentence with.

;-)
I was taught the same as Spammers: do not begin a sentence with a conjunction.

Googling the obvious produces a more relaxed view, as this example shows:

www.gpuss.co.uk/english_usage/start_sentence_conjunction.htm

Latest Forum Posts