Motoring Discussion > Speed limit sign. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 3

Speed limit sign. - Ted

Went to the shops with SWMBO this afternoon. Made a left turn at a traffic light controlled junction and noticed a sign about 10 feet round the corner on the nearside indicating a 20mph limit.
It was a smaller version of the regular limit sign but was on a white rectangular board with ' schools ' underneath.

It was higher than usual and at the other side of the pavement from the kerb. I would imagine it would be easy to miss on a day when the junction was busier and you had to keep your wits about you. There were no repeaters along the road and I didn't see a sign on the way back, on the other side.

I have no problem with limits for schools or anywhere else. and there are a lot of areas with these signs The road is in a 30 area, dead straight and a magnet for speeders anyway.

My query is, are these signs advisory or subject to the same conditions as other limits ? Bit unfair if you got a ticket at 29 when the sign is not in a very visible position.
On this particular road, if you do stick to under 20, there's a good chance you might get a tug for kerbcrawling !

Ted
 Messages Author Date
 Speed limit sign.  Ted 13 May 10 16:38
 Speed limit sign.  Boxsterboy 13 May 10 17:06
 Speed limit sign.  Iffy 13 May 10 17:29
 Speed limit sign.  Old Navy 13 May 10 17:35
Latest Forum Posts