Computer Related > Windows Live Mail...again! Computing Issues
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Windows Live Mail...again! - Pat
Being very aware of my past issues with getting emails while I am away on holiday I decided to check the (different/new) laptop I am taking on Friday.

When I set it up in January I installed Windows Live Mail and assumed that would be the end of my problems, but it appears I was wrong.

I haven't bothered using email on it at all since first setting it up and it appears today that I have all my contacts in there, but that is the end of the good news.

The problems are

1) I expected to be able to log into WLM on the laptop and see all my emails currently kept in the viewing pane on the desktop...I can't.

2) I can send and receive an email sent to myself but when both PC's are on the desktop downloads the email and the laptop doesn't get it at all.

3) I have checked all settings on both and set them to the same so what am I doing wrong?

I really need to be able to access the emails I keep in the viewing pane as they *may* need dealing with when away, and I might need to hit the reply button so why can't I get them on the laptop? I really haven't got much time to mess about with this before we go but I know it has the potential to become a huge problem if I can't get to them and surely when WLM is open on two PC's both should download all messages?

Did I ever mention....I hate email!

Pat
 Messages Author Date
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Pat 11 Jun 13 15:55
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Zero 11 Jun 13 16:24
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Pat 11 Jun 13 16:34
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Zero 11 Jun 13 16:42
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Pat 11 Jun 13 17:29
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Zero 11 Jun 13 18:28
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Pat 12 Jun 13 07:57
 Windows Live Mail...again! new TeeCee 24 Jun 13 11:33
 Windows Live Mail...again! new Stuartli 24 Jun 13 00:54