Motoring Discussion > Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R40 Replies: 3

Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report - R40
Well, after nearly 8 years of untroubled and sterling service and 88k miles my 2.5 KV6 Rover 75 has stood aside for an 07 Volvo S40 D5 SE with the Geartronic box.

The 5 pot 2.4 Diesel is imo a cracking engine with not far off 200bhp and superb road holding. This version comes with a strut brace between the front turrets which really comes into its own on twisty bits.

Car is well equipped and being a Volvo has more airbags and curtains than you can shake a stick at. Consumption is not the best but 40mpg plus is good enough for me. The ride is fine and the seats superbly comfortable; the fully adjustable memory drivers seat is a boon as swmbo is 5ft and needs a seat position that I couldn't even get in the car with lol

I like the body shape with discreet rear spoiler and lower front; neither shout about what is under the bonnet which combined with the box allows interestingly pleasing progress to be made ;)

Lots of toys to keep me entertained plus a quality sound system. Only downsides after collecting last Saturday was the battery failing on Monday (replaced without quibble by the independent dealer), and a non-repairable front o/s puncture on Tuesday that was an unplanned extra cost.

Have found a quality Volvo dealer in Bedford to keep an eye on the car and am now enjoying being both very safe, and rapid, in a 'Q' car sort of way.

So a wistful goodbye to my Rover; oh hang on, well not quite.........I still have the 75 V8 for the weekends with that lovely growl :)

Cheers

R40
Last edited by: R40 on Fri 28 May 10 at 18:43
 Messages Author Date
 Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report new R40 28 May 10 18:43
 Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report new Iffy 28 May 10 19:31
 Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report new .... 28 May 10 19:38
 Volvo S40 - New (to me) D5 report new Auntie Lockbrakes 29 May 10 03:15
Latest Forum Posts