Computer Related > Computer problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 6

Computer problem - Westpig
I have had problems with my computer and sent it off for a repair (Dell Inspiron 530 using Windows, some sort of 'Business Edition') because adverts kept popping up to the extent I couldn't see what was on the screen.

It went back to a shop, twice, because the first fix didn't do everything we needed and that entails a 30 mile round trip each time.

It mostly works now, but if we want to swap between a user the damned thing comes up with a fault which has the fault showing on the screen and we have no idea how to get rid of it, which means throwing the mains switch, which I know isn't good for it or logging on/off each time a different user want to use it.

A, if a fault shows on the screen and nothing else is visible.... how do I acknowledge that fault and/or get rid of it and get back to what I was doing... and,

B, what can I do to eradicate this fault:

'The current input is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1366 x 768 @ 60hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications'.

Is there a simple fix or am I getting back into the car for another 2 x 30 mile trip and losing the computer for another 4 days?

Thankyou,
 Messages Author Date
 Computer problem new Westpig 7 Dec 14 13:12
 Computer problem new No FM2R 7 Dec 14 14:43
 Computer problem new smokie 7 Dec 14 18:56
 Computer problem new Westpig 7 Dec 14 20:29
 Computer problem new Westpig 7 Dec 14 20:31
 Computer problem new Ambo 13 Dec 14 10:08
 Computer problem new MD 29 Dec 14 20:39
Latest Forum Posts