Motoring Discussion > Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 11

Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? - RattleandSmoke
Having worked on my dads car today I don't want to keep it that long, I had to remove the carpet and found some quite bad rust, its not that bad and certainly isn't hole in the floor yet but I think the safety of the car would be compromised in an accident.

I have seen some 59 plate Pandas at a local dealer for £6k in the blue colour I wanted, the list price of this car is £8100 and the cheapest I can get the car for via broker is £6900 with the problem of finance.

The advantage of this is that I can test drive the car and check it has been built properly at the factory, its just basicaly new and they have 30 months warranty remaining. The engines may have been run it too where is I bought a brand new one I have the danger of never running the engine in properly.

What are these cars likely to have been used for? I am a little bit wary they could be ex hire cars but then is that always a problem?

I have decided for certainly that the Panda is the right car because it ticks all the right boxes and has a fantastically simple engine. Cam belt snaps £200 for a new belt please sir, none of this £2000 repair bill for a new cylinder head.
 Messages Author Date
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new RattleandSmoke 28 Feb 10 22:36
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new R.P. 28 Feb 10 22:38
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new RattleandSmoke 28 Feb 10 22:47
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new rtj70 28 Feb 10 22:47
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth.. new RattleandSmoke 28 Feb 10 22:51
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the trut.. new Falkirk Bairn 1 Mar 10 06:57
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the tr.. new Zero 1 Mar 10 09:30
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the t.. new Netsur 1 Mar 10 09:37
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the .. new Badwolf 1 Mar 10 09:48
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new oilburner 1 Mar 10 09:43
 Dealer ex demo cars - What is the truth? new Zero 1 Mar 10 10:00