Motoring Discussion > Time for more SPECS? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 3

Time for more SPECS? - Bobby
Around here there has been major ongoing roadworks for last 2 or 3 years which has led to lots of 50 mph SPECS controlled motorways.

In the majority of cases, in the actual SPECS areas (other than one point of poor road design), the traffic flows well, there is no tailgating, there is an acceptance that even if you have your cruise control at 54 and someone else only prepared to risk 52, well you just slow it down a bit as you are not going to go accelerating past.

However, as soon as you come out the SPECS zone, especially coming into Glasgow, everyone accelerates up, starts bunching, starts slamming brakes on and inevitably we end up grinding to a halt as there is physically too many vehicles for the road.

Much as it sticks in my throat to say it, I reckon that around Glasgow, it would make sense to SPECS the whole motorway network to allow better flow of vehicles, less tailbacks etc.

I have heard of variable speed limit SPECS motorways down South, are these for the same issue and do they actually work?
 Messages Author Date
 Time for more SPECS? new Bobby 29 Apr 16 11:32
 Time for more SPECS? new Manatee 29 Apr 16 11:35
 Time for more SPECS? new NortonES2 29 Apr 16 12:24
 Time for more SPECS? new martin aston 29 Apr 16 17:32
Latest Forum Posts