Motoring Discussion > Buying a car on a PCP deal Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 14

Buying a car on a PCP deal - Westpig
I'm sort of thinking of going down the personal lease route for a car... because, if my maths is correct, I think I've shelled out about £231 a month for the 11 years we've owned our main car.. and now it's worth not a lot... why don't I use that money and tiddly bit more for something that's never older than 3 years... and accept I'll never own it.

Anyone got any obvious pitfalls that I might have missed?

My thoughts/ concerns are:

- how closely do they go over the car when you hand it back? I'm talking minor scratches and very small dentmaster type dents i.e. normal wear and tear.... not a big dent or deep scratch, which i'd get repaired.

- can you put a private plate on?

- once you've paid an initial deposit, if you stick with that marque have they ever asked for another deposit for the next one (I understand the idea is you pay the first time, then after that you don't)?

I like the idea in principle, but it's a leap in the dark. What Car magazine (online) have quotes that seem reasonable from various different main dealers.. but the cynic in me thinks these'll be headline grabber only prices and once you start really inquiring the price goes right up... anyone been on that route?

The other way of doing it is via say Drive the Deal, get the discounted price, be referred to the dealer, then see what the monthly price is.

I look forward to hearing from someone who's done it.

P.S.... Audi A6 Avant SE 2.0 TDi, manual, with a couple of extras... is looking good at the moment*... but no decision will me made before Oct/Nov and I'd order it for March next year.

* DtD will discount it down from £36k to £27K, which includes a manufacturers contribution to your deposit

Last edited by: smokie on Mon 9 May 16 at 23:10
 Messages Author Date
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new Westpig 9 May 16 17:46
 'Buying a car on a PCP deal new WillDeBeest 9 May 16 18:12
 'Buying a car on a PCP deal new Falkirk Bairn 9 May 16 18:28
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new Bill Payer 9 May 16 21:33
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new mikeyb 9 May 16 21:58
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new Westpig 9 May 16 22:55
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new MD 9 May 16 22:06
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new legacylad 9 May 16 22:46
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new spamcan61 9 May 16 22:56
 Buying a car on a PCP deal new legacylad 9 May 16 22:59