Computer Related > Dial-up default and will not connect to broadband Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate Replies: 10

Dial-up default and will not connect to broadband - Dulwich Estate
We have an old laptop (running with XP) which we used for a visits to France on Tiscali dial-up to pick up emails etc. The concept of cheap broadband hasn't yet arrived in France and I'm not paying €30 per month for a 12 month contract when I use it maybe for 8 weeks max out of 52.

To the point: In the past, when we got home in UK I used to be able to connect to broadband with no problem. Due to a change of provider, now Orange.fr, the laptop seems to be stuck in a default where it seeks an orange.fr homepage and won't let me connect to broadband in UK. I can't even get to see any wireless networks.

We don't really use it here, there's still a couple of weeks to our next visit and fortunately I've just found out now as I wanted to update the AVG Antivirus. Curiously, the Microsoft updates seemed to be downloaded automatically. I guess orange.fr needs clearing from the default somehow. How do I do this without losing my option of orange.fr dial-up when I need it. A simple toggle option would be nice.
 Messages Author Date
 Dial-up default and will not connect to.. new Dulwich Estate 8 Aug 10 19:12
 Dial-up default and will not connect to b.. new smokie 8 Aug 10 19:28
 Dial-up default and will not connect to .. new Dulwich Estate 9 Aug 10 15:52
 Dial-up default and will not connect to .. new spamcan61 9 Aug 10 18:00
 Dial-up default and will not connect to.. new VxFan 9 Aug 10 18:46
 Dial-up default and will not connect t.. new Zero 9 Aug 10 18:49
 Dial-up default and will not connect to.. new Iffy 9 Aug 10 18:53
 Dial-up default and will not connect t.. new Dulwich Estate 10 Aug 10 00:21
 Dial-up default and will not connect.. new Zero 10 Aug 10 08:53
 Dial-up default and will not connec.. new Dulwich Estate 10 Aug 10 12:59
 Dial-up default and will not conne.. new Bromptonaut 16 Aug 10 21:19