Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen - Modern vans Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PeterS Replies: 4

Volkswagen - Modern vans - PeterS
Haven’t driven a van for absolutely ages, but needed to transport some scaffolding that I ‘inherited’ to my brother and so rented a van from a local outfit. It was a 2019 VW Transporter T30 Highline, with the ubiquitous 2 litre Diesel engine, in 150PS tune with a 6 speed manual ‘box. Firstly, in a mid metallic blue with alloys, it looked pretty smart. Could have done with doors at the back rather than a tailgate, though it was fine for what I was using it for. Well equipped too; adaptive cruise, climate control, parking sensors, Apple CarPlay, and, nice big wing mirrors and despite a very upright driving position, pretty comfortable. But, the most notable thing was how it drove...it didn’t half shift, for a van. As quick as you’d reasonably need to go in a car really, though it’s a van... A DSG ‘box might have suited it better, but at 85 (Km/h of course...) it was smooth, far quieter than I expected, solid and really rather relaxing to drive. And it did around 38mpg. I’d quite like one, though having looked they are rather pricey...knocking on £38k as far as I could see. Still, at £60 a day renting isn’t too bad... Tempted by the California version now (£800 a week to hire), what with just having bought a paddle board ;)
 Messages Author Date
 Volkswagen - Modern vans new PeterS 30 May 20 21:14
 Volkswagen - Modern vans new Lygonos 31 May 20 02:10
 Volkswagen - Modern vans new tyrednemotional 31 May 20 08:57
 Volkswagen - Modern vans new PeterS 31 May 20 09:15
 Volkswagen - Modern vans new R.P. 31 May 20 21:34
Latest Forum Posts