Motoring Discussion > New LandRover Defender? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 12

New LandRover Defender? - Runfer D'Hills
Seem to think you had an old Landy at one time RP? Me too, it was as thirsty as a thirsty thing (V8 Petrol), it leaked weather in, and oil and water out, the handling was at best, ponderous, it was noisy and fairly uncomfortable, but I loved it.

Can't really say why, but of the 40+ cars I've owned, or had long term use of, it has to be up there in the top 3 of the ones I bonded with the most. It was at a time when the only gainful employment I could find was teaching people to ski, and it was my faithful companion at the time. Used to make a buck or occasionally, a buck and a half towing people out of snow at the resorts with it, or even just jump starting their cars with it if they couldn't get going again having parked up in winter conditions.

90" County, which I hand repainted orange, white (too big) wheels, roll cage, big fat General Grabbers, unnecessarily huge bull bar, with equally oversized Cibies. Recaro buckets, Spax adjustables. Too many stickers too. Tiny little Momo, suede covered steering wheel. Utterly embarrassing in retrospect really. But I sort of wish I still had it. I'd have calmed it all down a bit by now I expect.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Tue 1 Dec 20 at 19:59
 Messages Author Date
 New LandRover Defender?  Duncan 1 Dec 20 17:24
 New LandRover Defender?  sooty123 1 Dec 20 17:31
 New LandRover Defender?  No FM2R 1 Dec 20 18:00
 New LandRover Defender?  Zero 1 Dec 20 17:55
 New LandRover Defender?  R.P. 1 Dec 20 18:20
 New LandRover Defender?  Runfer D'Hills 1 Dec 20 19:54
 New LandRover Defender?  legacylad 1 Dec 20 20:06
 New LandRover Defender?  VxFan 2 Dec 20 11:19
 New LandRover Defender?  Lygonos 2 Dec 20 14:24
 New LandRover Defender?  Zero 2 Dec 20 14:32