Non-motoring > Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 15

Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw - Haywain
Whenever I've tried a saw of that type, I found it difficult to control when extended, and it wasn't possible to put sufficient force on it; maybe that's just me, and maybe the saw was too blunt.

Some 5 or 6 years ago, I bought a Titan pole-chainsaw from Screwfix - I think it was on offer at about £65 at that time. It is a corded model but, looking at the website now, they all seem to be cordless. The chain/bar is an 8" Oregon; the pole can attain a reasonable reach, but it might not be long enough to suit your needs.

Performance was incredible - I was trimming trees in a lightly wooded area behind the house and before I knew it, I was being rained on by falling branches. The beauty is that you just have to rest the saw on the branch at the cutting point and pull the trigger-switch; it's like a hot knife through butter.

I first thought such a machine might be a 'Mickey Mouse' job - but it most certainly wasn't - and all the reviewers seemed to agree with me.

I can absolutely see why cordless models have largely taken over - manoeuvrability would be so much better in the absence of a trailing electric lead, and cutting is only carried out in short bursts - remember, this is a 'pruner', not a full-blown log-cutter.

Anyway, it's perhaps something worth considering.
 Messages Author Date
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Clk Sec 5 Feb 21 16:13
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  helicopter 5 Feb 21 16:33
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Haywain 5 Feb 21 16:56
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  bathtub tom 5 Feb 21 19:13
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Haywain 5 Feb 21 21:01
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  sherlock47 6 Feb 21 09:23
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  MD 6 Feb 21 11:36
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Fullchat 6 Feb 21 13:12
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  John Boy 6 Feb 21 15:17
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Zero 6 Feb 21 17:22
 Telescopic Tree Pruner/Saw  Bromptonaut 6 Feb 21 17:31