Motoring Discussion > Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15 Months Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15 Months - tyrednemotional
I've had an account for some years, generally used for at least 4 crossings per year, but, of course, none for the last year.

It was originally set up for i) the convenience of not having to do anything in real time (if the account is in credit), and ii) the fact that it originally gave a reasonable discount on the standard fee for each crossing.

I received the notification of impending closure (and was also aware that some people had had their account extended FOC), but I decided to close it anyway.

The discount for having an account is now rather less (50p per crossing) than it used to be, and they have, since I originally set up an account, introduced a "Paygo" system, whereby you can register your vehicle(s) and nominate a charge card. (So, much like the account, but with no minimum £10.00 commitment, but charged as and when).

I have a card for an account I use for PayPal, etc. which has only a small "float", and I intend to set this "Paygo" arrangement up before next crossing (heading for the continent in 2026 or so ;-) )

The request by 'phone to have my outstanding balance returned was answered promptly and politely, and the money hit my bank account rather quicker than I expected.
 Messages Author Date
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15 .. new zippy 19 Feb 21 18:45
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15.. new sooty123 19 Feb 21 19:04
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15.. new Bromptonaut 20 Feb 21 10:36
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 1.. new zippy 20 Feb 21 11:27
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After 15.. new hawkeye 24 Feb 21 11:22
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close Afte.. new tyrednemotional 24 Feb 21 20:54
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After .. new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 20:58
 Dartford Crossing Accounts Close After.. new tyrednemotional 24 Feb 21 21:27
Latest Forum Posts