Motoring Discussion > parking Apps. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 18

parking Apps. - Manatee

>> * Three I think, why oh why can't LA's agree to use one parking app.!

And while they're at it, one gas transporter and vendor, ditto electricity, trains, water, buses?

I tried to set up the Q-park app the other day and it wouldn't work. It could be me, I was only doing it because I'd pre-booked Q-park in Reading online and the procedure was very opaque. It mentioned my "allocated space" for VIP parking (level 1, bigger space) but they didn't ask for my reg number and said I should just take a ticket on arrival. So how would I know which was my allocated space? The answer was fairly boring, but Q-park don't seem very good at making things work.

The proposition is good but needs better explaining, and staffing/maintenance leave something to be desired. My visit was saved by a hugely helpful attendant who saw me trying to use my booking bar-code before taking the ticket, came over and insisted on taking me through the entire procedure including how to use the ticket to get back into the car park, as it would be unmanned after 9pm when I returned.

It was obvious that I was not the only puzzled customer. There are several plaudits in the reviews for heroic staff giving customers ad hoc training courses.

When I got back, one of the two payment machines at the entrance I used was out of order, causing a queue. It would have been good to be able to do that bit on the app, had it worked.

uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.q-park.co.uk

I'm going to start a list of things that could have been designed to be as inefficient as possible. Heading the list are those idiotic Italian coffee machines, all chrome and escaping steam, that cause long queues everywhere. There are commercial bean to cup machines that only need a button to be pressed to produce coffee just as good. When there is a long queue of people waving £10 notes it would make a lot more sense to get the machinery to take the money off them.

V. Meldrew.
 Messages Author Date
 parking Apps. new Zero 14 Oct 21 09:06
 parking Apps. new Bromptonaut 14 Oct 21 09:41
 parking Apps. new Zero 14 Oct 21 09:58
 parking Apps. new Manatee 14 Oct 21 09:41
 parking Apps. new Zero 14 Oct 21 10:01
 parking Apps. new No FM2R 28 Oct 21 01:01
 parking Apps. new smokie 14 Oct 21 09:45
 parking Apps. new sooty123 14 Oct 21 10:04
 parking Apps. new Zero 14 Oct 21 10:08
 parking Apps. new smokie 14 Oct 21 14:12