Non-motoring > Repairing roofing felt overlap Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 11

Repairing roofing felt overlap - smokie
My (rather poor) neighbour had her side of the adjoining extended garage roof re-felted a year or so back. It may or may not be related but I have water leaking down the common wall. So I got up and had a look.

There is an overlapping piece of felt the whole length of the roof (probably 40ft), about 18" wide. It doesn't seem well stuck down on my side, so it could be the culprit. It was clearly put in when her roof was done, but I don't really want to pursue it with the neighbour, nor do I want to pay a roofer to do it.

I can lift at least 2 inches of it so could put some stuff (adhesive maybe) under it and press it down rather than trying to go along an edge.

Does anyone any recommendation for a product to seal the joint better? It would need to be able to be applied to wet felt (as it won't be drying out anytime soon I imagine!), and reasonably easy to apply? I have used those sealants in tubes but found them quite messy to use, and to get enough would probably be quite expensive, so I'm wondering what product might be easier to apply (brush or trowel maybe). I don't want to spend an arm and a leg because it may not be the problem, but I want to do a half decent job...

Messages Author Date
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new smokie 6 Nov 23 13:56
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new Kevin 6 Nov 23 14:41
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new Manatee 6 Nov 23 14:48
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new CGNorwich 6 Nov 23 15:26
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new smokie 6 Nov 23 16:21
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new CGNorwich 6 Nov 23 16:33
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new smokie 6 Nov 23 16:37
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new sooty123 6 Nov 23 19:46
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new Biggles 6 Nov 23 19:36
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new smokie 6 Nov 23 19:57
 Repairing roofing felt overlap new Fullchat 6 Nov 23 19:57