Motoring Discussion > Missed MoT expiry Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 10

Missed MoT expiry - Manatee
I might have passed the age when I can keep things on my head. The boss's car was registered in June 2014 so VED comes round in May, and MoT about the same time...except it doesn't because we got a 6 month extension during Covid.

Accordingly I forgot and discovered mid December that the MoT had expired on the 7th of that month. Managed to book an appointment for yesterday. A rather uncomfortable couple of weeks has passed in which we have almost entirely avoided using it.

It sailed through yesterday despite a minor exhaust leak (only major leaks are a fail). I had mentioned that there was a recent new growliness to the engine sounds. In fact I didn't even get an advisory, because my friendly tester fixed it. Like some other VW group cars, the exhaust is in two sections joined together by a sleeve that clamps around the front and rear sections - the clamps were nowhere to be seen. Two big Jubilee clips made a temporary repair, the clamps will be fitted at the next service.

Decent service that saved me scrambling around underneath. Although I did lacerate my hand changing a headlight lamp before I took it.

Weren't MoT intervals going to be extended?
 Messages Author Date
 Missed MoT expiry new Manatee 4 Jan 24 14:14
 Missed MoT expiry new sooty123 4 Jan 24 14:20
 Missed MoT expiry new Bromptonaut 4 Jan 24 14:21
 Missed MoT expiry new tyrednemotional 4 Jan 24 14:37
 Missed MoT expiry new Mr Moo 4 Jan 24 20:15
 Missed MoT expiry new Robin O'Reliant 4 Jan 24 20:57
 Missed MoT expiry new Rudedog 4 Jan 24 21:58
 Missed MoT expiry new bathtub tom 4 Jan 24 22:22
 Missed MoT expiry new Boxsterboy 5 Jan 24 11:48
 Missed MoT expiry new bathtub tom 5 Jan 24 15:00
 Missed MoT expiry new Bromptonaut 5 Jan 24 15:11