Motoring Discussion > Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PhilW Replies: 14

Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera - PhilW
Got a NIP for speeding in a village the other day. Had delivered car to a guy and he gave me a lift to bus stop. Was pretty sure that I was not driving at the time of offence. Wrote a very polite letter explaining such and also pointing out that they had not specified which of 2 cameras in village nicked the driver and also which direction car was going - asked for photogaphic evidence because I was not registered keeper and not certain I was driver..
Got a reply yesterday - photos plus snotty letter threatening me with all sorts of fines, endorsements, disqualification if, as registered keeper (I'm definitely not) or driver (not sure), I didn't identify the driver.
Examined the photos, not much help in identifying driver (photo of back of car). Again camera and direction of travel not specified. So, onto Google Earth, Streetview, and viaMichelin maps to clarify those 2 points and eventually decided that I probably was not the driver - had already been dropped at bus stop .......I think, but how would I prove it?.

Looked at photos again and there's me! Yep that fine figure of a man (!) standing at the bus stop is yours truly!! Thank goodness for photographic evidence!!
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 27 Mar 10 at 11:48
 Messages Author Date
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new PhilW 27 Mar 10 11:06
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new Bill Payer 27 Mar 10 17:29
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new Bromptonaut 27 Mar 10 17:45
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new Iffy 27 Mar 10 17:57
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new PhilW 27 Mar 10 18:46
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new PhilW 27 Mar 10 18:51
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new Badwolf 28 Mar 10 10:49
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new R.P. 28 Mar 10 10:55
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camera new Iffy 28 Mar 10 11:09
 Tee Hee!!! Caught on speed camer.. new Badwolf 28 Mar 10 12:20