Motoring Discussion > Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else out there. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 9

Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else out there. - -
Thanks chaps.

Dave your experiences of Dinitrol arn't convincing me it's the business to be honest, though take on board your findings with the pick up's chassis paint, if you can't get to the steel the coating is only as good as the original.
I ended up stripping and painting the prop shaft after one winter on the Hilux, that was made in South Africa presumably the chassis paint only as good the Thai stuff on your Isuzu, there seemed to be no undercoat or dip at all, simply a light application of also ran black paint to the whole underside..

The pro's used a very heavy black Waxoyl on my pick up underbody (clear very thin normal inside sections), good coating too, it only needed minimal touch ups around the heavy wear areas after the subsequent winter's...seeing other newer Hilux's recently it's definately worth doing to separate chassised 4x4's if you intend to keeping.
Not cheap in pure money terms, but then good quality work is valued not by cost alone.

That salt mix where you are sounds pretty awful stuff, it'll be in the nooks and crannies forever unless an annual full hot steam cleaner is used.

Madf, the black Waxoyl does seem more durable, certainly takes some getting off your hair, eyes, skin, clothes, car seats and in house carpets..;)

The price of Dinitrol is quite eye watering, can get 5 litres Waxoyl for £20 to £25, so it's still my default choice at the moment, don't mind sloshing a fresh lot around the heavy wear areas annually when it's half or less the price.

Are you seeing that much better wear rate from Dinitrol to make it worth the extra?
 Messages Author Date
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else out .. new - 18 Oct 11 11:11
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else out.. new Old Navy 18 Oct 11 11:25
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else ou.. new - 18 Oct 11 11:41
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else o.. new Dave 18 Oct 11 13:50
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything else .. new madf 18 Oct 11 13:59
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything .. new - 18 Oct 11 14:49
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything el.. new Dave 18 Oct 11 15:34
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything e.. new - 18 Oct 11 15:54
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything .. new corax 18 Oct 11 17:58
 Dinitrol versus Waxoyl, anything.. new - 19 Oct 11 10:10
Latest Forum Posts