Motoring Discussion > Nice day out. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 3

Nice day out. - smokie
My grandmother lived in Rhyl 0when I was a kid (before it got so rundown) so we spent a lot of time up there. I remember all of the places you've mentioned with some fondness - I said the other week I'd like to go to Betws again. The Llanberis pass and Horseshoe pass were favourites. Rhuddlan castle also. I really should go that way again... for old times sake... but I feel my memories will be spoilt.

My Dad used to take us on mystery tours, where we would just say "next left" , "next right" and see where we ended up. I remember peacocks at Gwrych (sp?) castle and going to the Great and Little Orme's. I remember well watching Punch and Judy many times under the clocktower in Rhyl, also seeing a real elephant from the visiting circus taking a dump outside the theatre there, where we saw a lot of shows. My Grandmother had a changing hit thing near the beach and I used to like going round the lifeboat house. The large herd of donkeys for the beach were kept over the back of the town and passed by my Grandmothers house morning and night.

As I got older I can remember the running battles in the streets between mods and rockers, and the police meeting the Bank Holiday trains and taking the boots off the skinheads on the platform. That was those who weren't on Lambrettas or Vespas.

I also became something of a pinball wizard through spending too much time and money in the arcades there. The Black Cat was my favourite. My GM knew the owner of one of the largest, which we called Vernons (his name!) but it was actually something else I think.

I could go on but I already did!! :-)
 Messages Author Date
 Nice day out. new R.P. 31 Jan 23 19:32
 Nice day out. new smokie 31 Jan 23 23:59
 Nice day out. new legacylad 1 Feb 23 07:54
 Nice day out. new Boxsterboy 1 Feb 23 08:42
Latest Forum Posts