Motoring Discussion > Engine rebuild Miscellaneous
Thread Author: ToMoCo Replies: 9

Engine rebuild - ToMoCo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME

3000 stills, that's dedication.

EDIT: I watch once and can't name the car? anyone?
Last edited by: ToMoCo on Mon 28 Apr 14 at 13:33
 Engine rebuild - Slidingpillar
I think it's a Triumph Spitfire
 Engine rebuild - Alanovich
>> I think it's a Triumph Spitfire
>>

Or a TR6. Not quite sure.
 Engine rebuild - BiggerBadderDave
Absolutely fantastic. Art or engineering?

I half expected to see Wallace and Gromit there.
 Engine rebuild - Cliff Pope
Triumph - look at the medalion on the gear lever near the end.

4 cylinder - Spitfire?
And if you cheat and put "Triumph Spitfire engine rebuild Youtube" into Google, that is what comes up :)
 Engine rebuild - No FM2R
www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/youtube-hit-11-months-3000-pictures-and-a-lot-of-coffee-fotostrecke-85119.html
 Engine rebuild - Dog
Shame it wasn't a TR but ... 11/10 anyway.
 Engine rebuild - Tigger
I recognise that engine!

I had its cousin in my Triumph 1500 FWD. I had to rebuild it on my driveway over a series of weekends after a valve dropped and shattered a piston. I guess 25 years ago!

I remember the final bill coming to a lot more than I'd budgeted for, but I loved that car - not least because in winter, the heater was pushing out warm air within a hundred yards or so of setting off, so it was lovely and toasty on my commute to the station.

The car has long gone, but I'll always remember my first (and only) engine rebuild, though I have done cylinder heads and such like since, and swapped an entire engine over.
>> I'll always remember my first (and only) engine rebuild,
>> though I have done cylinder heads and such like since, and swapped an entire engine
>> over.
>>

My first and only total rebuild was a 1947 Triumph Roadster 1800, in 1969. The engine was a pre-war Standard, also used in the smallest of the SS range.

I've done a partial rebuild on a Triumph Stag, but left the engine in the car and didn't remove the crank, just replaced the bearing shells. 8 new pistons. Setting up the two timing chains was fun.
Latest Forum Posts