Motoring Discussion > KIA Sportage - New car on order. Car Deals
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 16

KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Fullchat
After much debating I have finally done a deal on the 2014 Kia Sportage in plain white.
The Focus estate has been chopped in.
Now you may remember I have compared Ceed and Focus Estates and the Focus came out top on build quality because of a few niggles, squeaks and groans - nice engine though (diesel). So Ford was higher up my list.
I fancied an estate BMW or Merc but it would have been second hand and none lit my fire. I also fancied an SUV but they all look the same and range from tiddly boots to acceptable unless you go large to Mitsubishi Landrover - that sort of thing. Based on my Focus experience I thought about a Kuga. Expensive for what they are with a tiddly boot.
So I ends up back at the Kia showroom KX3 2.0Ltr 4X4 with prat nav (dont ask me why because I have a perfectly good one that sticks on) but I am treating myself.
Checking out the forums it seem there are few grumbles other than they dont do anywhere near the MPG stated and they are having corrosion issues with the wheels which are all covered under warranty. They never seem to get the quality right.
So we will see how it goes but why are car salesman such hard work? And do you really have to go through the same old routine?
Why white? Metallics are extra and I find it easy to touch in those little scratches and chips which appear in time, you can never match metallics.
Couple of weeks wait to get off the dock at Immingham, PDI etc. It was the last of the batch before replenishment.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 5 May 14 at 23:05
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - R.P.
Nice one. Second Kia customer I've "spoken" to in 48 hours !
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Lygonos
>>So we will see how it goes but why are car salesman such hard work? And do you really have to go through the same old routine?

I've always found there's a better deal to be had on phone/email that face-to-face.

Much less faffing to - very take-it or leave-it.
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - No FM2R
A friend of mine freelances for a number of the UK's larger car dealer groups. He measures salesman performance and then offers training to improve it.

A sad indictment of the intelligence of the average salesman and the naivety of the average potential punter is the list of tactics that improve one and convert the other.
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - BobbyG
>>A friend of mine freelances for a number of the UK's larger car dealer groups. He measures salesman performance and then offers training to improve it.

So exactly the type of guy that you talked about in another thread :)
I even copied the description you gave as I thought it was bang on!!
Pretty much.
Congratulations Fullchat.

And I actually like white cars.
p.s. (missed the edit)

And very well thought of here - both around town and out of the city. They seem to do just fine in The Andes on the snow covered roads. Herself would quite like one, can't say I'd mind one myself - bit posh for me though. I prefer something I can bang around in.

Just for interest, this is the Kia site here. You'll see it says "Precios" in the middle-ish. Click on it to see the list prices. (1,000 peso = £1, near enough).

www.kia.cl/modelo/sportage
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Dog
Funnily enough, I was reading this article about said car only yesterday, after having seen a white one in Cornwall recently.
Probably a tourist.

I wouldn't swop my 7 year old Forester for one and, an equivalent new Forester would be nudging the £30k mark!

They look nice in white (IMO) but - do they show the dirt, you could always stick a blue light on top I suppose.

www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/kia/kia-sportage/
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Fenlander
Chap next door to us replaced his Mazda6 with one not too long ago. It's white and despite my dislike of white on almost any car it seems to suit quite well. Interior is black leather and looks good in a slightly bling way. He likes it for the chunky 4wd feel but says the ride refinement is down on the Mazda.

Anyway most important the residents committee approved it promptly... as they did my Alfa... seems the BMW is a very mixed vote though.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Tue 6 May 14 at 09:02
Congrats Fullchat - I have the Hyundai equivalent - the 4WD 2.0 ix35.
Yet to use the 4WD - this winter I think we got 2 mornings with frost and that was it! I had eventually to drive up to Cairngorms to see some snow
i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/Bobbyg69/Cairngorm%20etc/DSC_0635_zps0b9915ce.jpg

I compared the two but the Kia seemed to be dearer .

Great cars, awful mpg, lots of toys and mine is also in white for both the reason you gave but also I like the contrast with the black panoramic roof.

Couple of weeks ago I spent a morning with the Autoglym tar remover - amazing both how good that is, but how many specs and drops were on the lower doors!
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Boxsterboy
It's always nice having a brand new car - for a few weeks at least while that new car smell remains.

Sis-in-law's boyfriend has a Sportage in that bright orange metallic colour they do - I call it his Kia Ora!
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - R.P.
Saw a nice blue one on a 14 plate today...has plenty of presence. Nice motor.
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Runfer D'Hills
Does it rhyme with Marriage, Nigel Farage or Mr Myagi ?
I thought it was as in "barrage of abuse"
 KIA Sportage - New car on order. - Fullchat
" Congrats Fullchat - I have the Hyundai equivalent - the 4WD 2.0 ix35.
Yet to use the 4WD - this winter I think we got 2 mornings with frost and that was it! I had eventually to drive up to Cairngorms to see some snow"

You do realise that we are now 100% guaranteed a run of extremely mild winters until I get rid of it :)
Happened last time round. Got rid of the Sorento in 2009 which replaced the Sante Fe, so about 6/7 years of 4X4 ownership, and then there was 2010 which you may remember was pretty harsh snow wise and then I had the Ceed.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Tue 6 May 14 at 20:36
My last car was a choice between Altea and CRV and took the Altea.
Cue 3 poor winters that the CRV would have been fun in!
Latest Forum Posts