Motoring Discussion > Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss?
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 4

Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss? - sherlock47
Last week the car was used on the Sunday and performed as per usual with no obvious defects. On the Monday, identical journey, same stretch of road, similar traffic conditions, it became obvious that it was pulling right fairly heavily. Short journey so waited until I was home , checked wheel temps for dragging brake? - nothing obvious. Let tyres cool down and it was visually obvious that front offside was under inflated. A check revealed by about 1 bar!! Assumed it was a puncture, so gave it a quick visual check, and then with soapy water, found nothing. Borrowed a an electric pump with a view to getting it to a tyre place with minimum risk and/or damage. Inflated, rechecked for pressure loss on a daily basis, no change over the last 8 days.

It had not been curbed, violently cornered, or wheel spun. Valve cap was in place, so risk of dirt minimised. Not pressure checked previously.

Any ideas?

I suppose I will have to take off the wheel for a comprehensive check of the tyre - has anyone else had a similar experience?

Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss? - Manatee
There might be something it it you've missed that is sealing its own hole.

I had a slow on the Outlander that I discovered just before setting off on a 300 mile journey for my daughter's wedding. Blew it up and went (spacesaver no good for that trip). It only lost a lb every couple of days or so then one night it went flat (no possibility IMO that anybody had let air out). Blew it up again and used it for a week or so afterwards until I got home, still losing very little pressure.

I took the wheels off for the winter and stuck them in the garage. When I got them out in April the tyre still had pressure in when I had it mended. Turned out to have two nails in it.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss? - WillDeBeest
Don't know if it's related but I was having a problem with persistent pressure loss from one front tyre of the S60. It turned out to be an incomplete seal between tyre and rim - possibly loosened by hitting a pothole, although the wheel itself is sound. My regular tyre place fixed it for a few quid; the tyre had been on for over a year, and they'd fitted it, so I suspect something had happened after it left them to break the seal.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss? - Manatee
When we're on a long journey, "breaking the seal" has another meaning that requires a comfort break.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Tyre pressure - one off sudden loss? - WillDeBeest
Perhaps your local tyre place could give you something for that too.
};---)
Latest Forum Posts