Motoring Discussion > Contact insurer - hanging on the telephone. Fees. Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 3

Contact insurer - hanging on the telephone. Fees. - FotheringtonTomas
Well, I've just cancelled my insurance (with Hastings) - it took 22 minutes to be put through. I am glad it's not *my* 0800 number, but I suppose the cost saving by having people queue must be positive for them. On Monday, I tried and it took a similar time, but I was only to be told that "the system is down".

Oh, and the fees - 3 weeks ago, £25 to change car. Today, £45 to cancel. In this day and age, too!
 Contact insurer - hanging on the telephone. Fees. - R.P.
Cheap and cheerful car insurance is like a certain low-cost airline, they'll charge you for every little change. NFU Insurance flag up that they won't change for minor changes - A certain bike insurance company charged me for becoming a widower, for being retired and re-marrying....!
 Contact insurer - hanging on the telephone. Fees. - -
They certainly know how to take the mickey, i had similar many years ago with broker.

True about the NFU, local offices staffed by good people to boot and excellent in every way including the event of a claim.
 Contact insurer - hanging on the telephone. Fees. - RattleandSmoke
Directline have been really good for this, there is admin charge but everytime I have changed cars they just say we don't charge me this time.

It is about £200 a year more expensive than the cheapest but I think paying for the extra service is worth it. Although directline are a whateverwordyouwant for answering the phone I just use a geographic number on my mobile so it costs me nothing.
Latest Forum Posts