Motoring Discussion > Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 5

Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Manatee
All three cars are currently insured with LV. Having got a decent premium for the Outlander and the MX5 in my name last August, I switched the boss's Roomster to them a few weeks later as they were competitive enough with the multi-policy discount.

In November she managed to drive into the back of somebody at a roundabout - 100% at fault and not contested by her. Our half of the claim was processed very efficiently. When my own renewals came a month ago I declared her accident (she is a named driver on my policies and vice versa) and the quotes went up a further £20 or so each - much less than I feared.

This morning her own renewal came. Up from £185 last year to £216 - and the accident is already shown on the pre-printed proposal form.

Given that renewal quotes always seem to rise by c. 10% anyway, I think that's pretty good. and I won't bother searching the comparison sites.

In contrast, in the past I have twice done a multi-car deal with Admiral in an effort to save money and hassle. On both occasions, the following year's quotes have been materially higher and completely uncompetitive, without any new claims or convictions. I won't bother with them again.

Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - helicopter
Both SWMBO and I are insured with LV = and I had a full write off in floods only a couple of months after joining up.It was dealt with efficiently ,fairly and courteously .That is the sign of a good company.

Have been with them 8 years now and premiums have stayed much the same. I have always contacted them on renewal to see if they will reduce the cost and match previous years premium.They usually do.

Highly recommended.
Last edited by: helicopter on Tue 4 Aug 15 at 11:37
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Alanovich
I've got Admiral multicar a few years back, and the renewals have been in line with other online quotes. No reason not to renew yet.
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Manatee
>> I've got Admiral multicar a few years back, and the renewals have been in line
>> with other online quotes. No reason not to renew yet.

Interesting. My quotes were such that I would have been paying quite a bit more than I needed to, even having discarded the very cheapest quotes from firms I have never heard of and those with bad reputations. It felt like a rip off, although I note that they say on their website that "individual policies may be cheaper". Weird.

Having some experience of how firms dependent on recurring income 'think', I am well aware of the value they derive from inertia. Pleased as I am with LV I expect they will nudge up the premiums too, but I'll try the haggle on them next time if (when) it goes up.
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Westpig
I've done the wife's car and mine with LV, having recently taken them off a trade policy.

Other companies were a nuisance with recognising any no claims bonus from the 3 years of trade policy, however LV were most straightforward.

Furthermore, I'd forgotten I'd insured the house with them. When sorting the cars out and giving them the postcode, they reminded me about the house policy and knocked off 5%, for both cars.

Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Bill Payer
I used Admiral for the kids cars from 21 to 25 but it was always a battle to get a decent premium - the renewal quotes were bonkers, but we got there in the end.

At 25 exactly the same thing happened to both of them, 2yrs apart - Admiral would barely budge on the bonkers quote and so we went elsewhere.

For mine and Mrs BP's cars we've used LV for many years. Now and again I've done new quotes at renewal time and sometimes it comes out marginally dearer but sometimes it can be £20 less (which is 10% of either of our premiums). For £20 I give them a call and they'll do that price.
Latest Forum Posts