Motoring Discussion > Efficient insurance claim Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

Efficient insurance claim - Bobby
Colleague had a 55 plate Yaris. Ran into the back of an Insignia on Tuesday morning at 08.30.
Car was still driveable but front end damage.

Phoned her ins company who asked her to describe the damage over the phone. Phone call back 15 mins later saying they would be writing it off, offered £1200. She refused the offer. Phoned back 15 mins later with a second offer of £1500 which she accepted. Salvage company appeared at 2.30pm and took her car away. This morning she has received the money.

That's all pretty dam impressive in my eyes but has also raised concerns. I know they will work to authority levels etc but never once did they ask for a photo (which I thought would be easy in this day and age). Could this be a route for fraudulent claims?

It must be too costly for them to get a bodyshop to look at it and complete a report. Who knows, maybe she had the right to hire car and by paying out quickly they negate that?

Ins company , she thinks, is called Aires "or something like that"
 Efficient insurance claim - Hard Cheese
They took her car away before she got the money.
 Efficient insurance claim - R.P.
Neighbour' car was dealt with in much the same way. She comprehensively stuffed it into a barrier at Aldi. It was brought home by her recovery agent, and collected the next day by her insurance company and an immediate (satisfactory) settlement.
 Efficient insurance claim - smokie
They probably take the line that from their pov there is potentially rather a lot of effort (= cost) to be expended and some risk to be taken if they haggle over a relatively small small amount, so easiest (and best from a "happy customer" pov) to do a good deal quickly.
 Efficient insurance claim - Hard Cheese
>> They took her car away before she got the money.
>>

Sorry, my reply was not clear, what I meant was how can it be open to fraud if they take the car away before they release the money.

I agree that it was a very efficient process.
 Efficient insurance claim - Zero
at 1500 quid, its well below the level of expending too much effort with process. Sort it in the cheapest way possible is the name of the game in that ballpark.
 Efficient insurance claim - VxFan
>> Ins company , she thinks, is called Aires "or something like that"

Ageas ?
 Efficient insurance claim - commerdriver
Wonder how long it will take the insurance company to recoup its £1500?
 Efficient insurance claim - zippy
Mrs' T-Boned Note mentioned elsewhere here.

Phoned the insurers on a Saturday. On the Tuesday was a letter from the insurers associates (same brand) offering credit hire and injury solicitor services, yet these companies are the same ones that say what a drain on their resources the outfits that peddle these services are!

Perhaps they are referring to independent credit hire and accident claim companies? ;-|
 Efficient insurance claim - Manatee
They mostly have their own. The principle they operate on seems to be 'do unto others that which you complain about when they do it to you'.

For a no fault claim I will deal with the third party's insurer direct if I can. It at least avoids the credit hire car scenario.
Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 27 Oct 17 at 14:31
Latest Forum Posts