Motoring Discussion > Another for a Darwin award ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 10

Another for a Darwin award ? - henry k
Quote from the DT

"Stupid" learner arrested after driving solo to test.
r
......The man had failed his test for the 10th time before police arrived at the test centre in Great Barr, Birmingham at about 11am yesterday (23 October )
" Welcome to the world of stupid" a police officer tweeted from the scene.
" Male turns up at the driving test centre for his driving test.Having driven himself there unsupervised"
The driver of the white Mitsubishi was detained by West Midlands Police on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the owner's consent.
 Another for a Darwin award ? - Haywain
Whilst the subject of this post is indeed stupid, he would have had to kill himself (hitting a tree while driving to the test centre?) and exit the gene pool in order to earn a Darwin Award.
 Another for a Darwin award ? - Zero
>> Whilst the subject of this post is indeed stupid, he would have had to kill
>> himself (hitting a tree while driving to the test centre?) and exit the gene pool
>> in order to earn a Darwin Award.

This bloke meets your criteria, not sure it can be beaten

(you have been warned clearly the bloke dies)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qAW6UsjZrc
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 25 Oct 19 at 16:45
 Another for a Darwin award ? - henry k
This fella tried three times
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHFPg5oGg8

Outcome not reported .
 Another for a Darwin award ? - Robin O'Reliant
People turning up for tests unaccompanied was not uncommon in my day. Examiners would refuse to take them and call police.
 Cornish carwash - God
players.brightcove.net/pages/v1/index.html?accountId=4221396001&playerId=default&videoId=6098889137001&autoplay=true
 Another for a Darwin award ? - sooty123
>> This fella tried three times
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHFPg5oGg8
>>
>> Outcome not reported .
>>

I know I probably shouldn't laugh but that did make me laugh out loud.

Some people eh?
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sat 2 Nov 19 at 12:30
 Another for a Darwin award ? - smokie
www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-50266218/isle-of-wight-waves-almost-drag-man-and-child-into-sea
 Another for a Darwin award ? - No FM2R
What a b***** idiot.
 Another for a Darwin award ? - Bromptonaut
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-50266218/isle-of-wight-waves-almost-drag-man-and-child-into-sea

Not just the tow from waves. A sea like that can turn pebbles into projectiles.

OTOH it used to be a common thing to dodge the waves on foreshores like that. Indeed I've stood and done so as a kid 50+ years ago only a handful of yards west of site of that picture - but when there was a bit of a wind/swell not in a storm and spring tide as is running in that vid.

Similar on the Albert/Marine Drive in Scarborough, either on foot or in maternal uncle's car. Again though not in serious storms. Nowadays they close the road if there are major waves crashing onto road.

IIRC somebody got dragged into sea and killed about 25 years ago.
 Another for a Darwin award ? - smokie
"OTOH it used to be a common thing to dodge the waves on foreshores like that. Indeed I've stood and done so as a kid "

Yes, as a kid, but not WITH a kid!!!
Latest Forum Posts